Senior Network Voice Engineer leading the Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network segment for a complex, multi-year, mission critical DoD communications infrastructure upgrade.
- Provides leadership and engineering direction to the design of network voice systems.
- Develops and implements strategy for generating multiple alternate designs at each development level, and trade-off results which trigger iteration of the design process.
- Plans and designs complex voice networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas.
- Identifies impacts on network voice services, capabilities, and availability as changes in the VoIP configuration are planned and executed including contingency restoration plans and exercise scenarios.
- Performs detailed studies of voice network performance identifying key management parameters that will be used to determine performance and availability.
- Prepares detailed test plans.
- Performs technical design reviews.
- Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel.
- Must also possess the capability to lead multiple subcontractors and vendors to achieve results that adhere to highly technical customer system requirements.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD) plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition, test, certification and implementation support of software, hardware, network, network security and computer resources as they relate to the VoIP network segment.
- Must be capable of assessing recommendations, developing solutions, and driving the team to resolution of technical challenges on the program.
- 20-40% travel may be required.
- 10 years’ experience managing facility modernization work or system projects inclusive of 5 years’ experience on DoD networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical or engineering discipline or fifteen years demonstrated experience in a relevant field.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be accustomed to interacting with senior DoD Civilian and Military leadership. CCNP-Voice or equivalent internetworking certification.
Required Clearance: DoD security clearance level of SECRET to support coordinated work on SECRET facilities and networks.
Requisition ID 1752664