Harris Corporation is an industry innovator providing advanced communications and information systems to both government and commercial markets. Whether providing wideband-networking tactical radio systems for defense and security forces or deploying and operating a secure telecommunications network for air traffic control, customers trust Harris to deliver mission-critical situational awareness. The company has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue and about 17,000 employees — including 7,700 engineers and scientists — supporting customers in more than 100 countries.
Harris is seeking talented Systems Technical Leads/Chief Systems Engineers to join its team, and lead the development and deployment of systems and services for its Mission Networks organization. A technical lead may also assume the role of Chief Systems Engineer (CSE), Chief Architect, or Deputy Chief Systems Engineer (DCSE) for a program or pursuit. The technical lead will drive and champion systems engineering processes and best practices for the full life cycle of the program.
The Mission Networks organization delivers advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers’ mission-critical challenges. The organization supports the global aviation community with advanced systems and services that significantly increase the safety, security and capacity of global air traffic management systems to meet the growing demand of air transportation operations. Harris is committed to modernizing global air traffic management to meet the aviation challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Serve as a technical interface between Harris and the customers’ engineering staffs.
- Engage with customer engineering, operations, and management personnel to define and document the customer’s CONOPS and requirements.
- Decompose requirements and allocating them to different subsystems or cross-functional domains (i.e., SW).
- Conduct trade studies as required for designing solutions for customer needs.
- Serve as the technical lead for proposal efforts, including creation of a technical baseline, cost determination, ROM creation, and technical writing for the proposal volume.
- Lead design review efforts and hold design reviews with internal and/or external stakeholders, and ensure design reviews are planned, executed, and action items closed.
- Lead efforts to follow systems engineering processes throughout the lifecycle of the product or service, including writing and upkeep of the Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP).
- Tailor systems engineering processes as appropriate to service based or commercial based contracts.
- The systems engineer may be responsible for providing technical oversight in the following domains:
- Network services and applications
- FAA NextGen Programs
- Service, commercial, and or product based contracts
- Various RF communication protocols
- Assess and manage technical risk on the program.
- Manage change and champion change management initiatives.
- Work withother teams for scheduling and technical conflicts.
- Lead program Configuration Control Boards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or a related field), and a minimum of 10 years of applicable experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in systems engineering and/or technical leadership.
- Team-player, able to work in a large program environment and have good communications skills.
- Strong experience in the Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Previous systems engineering leadership experience.
- Self-starter, with high initiative and drive.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent (MSEE, MSCE, MSSE, MCS [computer science] or a related field)
- Familiarity with FAA programs
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Job Code: ES20172310-21543