The Senior Technical Product Owner (Sr. TRO) uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex technical functional requirements for a complex product – these are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business asks.
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired business impact.
- While providing thought leadership to Program Governance activities such as prioritization and negotiating with stakeholders on backlog priorities.
- Responsible for owning the technical roadmap and non-functional requirements for product. (e.g. page rendering times, how long it takes to log in, response on service calls)
- Work with disparate business groups to optimize business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
- Create, evolve and communicate feature area specifications that form cohesive, iterative plans that align to the multi release vision.
- Write Definition of Ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
- Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams.
- Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle and previous experience.
- Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health.
- Integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity)
- Enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated)
- Focus on reducing tech debt when value can be measured in efficiency and quality metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Previous coding experiencepreferred but not necessary.
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential.
- Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
- Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework.