Site Instrument and Electrical Reliability Engineer (Sr. Engineer)
INVISTA is looking for a Site Instrument and Electrical Reliability Engineer to join our team in Orange Texas. This individual will report through the Site Reliability Manager. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong mentoring skills to develop and train Area Reliability Engineers.
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of cross functional teams.
- Strong technical proficiency in instrumentation and electrical systems commonly used in the petrochemical industry.
- The ability to solve technical problems and drive economic decisions while working with a diverse workforce.
- The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment.
- The ability to organize, prioritize, and own multiple initiatives while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
- Model safety and environmental excellence, in a manner consistent with INVISTA values and principles.
- Understand and manage key risks by establishing a risk profile aligned with INVISTA’s expectations.
- On a site-wide scale, develop and lead reliability programs and strategies
- Understanding of Instrument and Electrical Mechanical Integrity Systems as it applies to the Chemical Industry.
- Actively participate in mentoring and development of personnel supporting the Reliability group.
- Provide reliability engineering support for project work including development of options to achieve the project objectives and ensuring engineering guidelines and the Mechanical Integrity program requirements are followed.
- Prepare and execute projects and initiatives that will improve safety, environmental, and process performance of the plant including capital improvements.
- Execute and mentor Area Engineers in completion of root cause analysis (RCA).
- Serve as discipline SME during Process Hazard Analysis and ensure completion of resultant gap closure items.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- · Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering experience in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- · 10+ years of Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering experience in a chemical, petrochemical or refinery plant environment or equivalent military experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and/or ladders in a plant environment.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Must be willing to work periodic workdays in excess of 8.5 hours.
- Must be willing to relocate to Orange, Texas.