Physical Therapist - Rehab Outpatient Services
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist provides direct patient care utilizing appropriate age-specific standards of practice for physical therapists in regard to all patient populations served. Works independently and collaborates well with other team members in obtaining patient-centered goals within the Health System.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and correct application of clinical techniques, procedures and programs for clinical setting and patient/client populations served.
- Displays appropriate technical knowledge and application of available modalities and other equipment
- Provides care in accordance with physician’s orders and established plan of care
- Develops an accurate individualized plan of care. Goals are feasible, based upon findings and patient/caregiver expectations
- Summarizes objective clinical findings
- Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and revises plan of care as indicated
- Assess educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver or significant other and provides education to meet those needs
- Evaluates safety and equipment needs
- Instruction of an exercise program.
- Transfer, gait, static / dynamic balance training and bed mobility.
- Pain management (TENS application, heat and cold modalities)
- Breathing techniques, percussion and suction
- Orthotic / prosthetic assessment and management
- Complies with appropriate and approvedsecurity and safety standards. Assesses the risk for safety and implements appropriate precautions
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement process
- Meets established productivity standards. Makes effective us of discretionary time
- Provides PT services to all patient populations (adolescent, adult and geriatrics)
- Physical Therapist bachelordegree with 5 years of experience OR Master's/Doctorate degree acquired from a Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy (CAPTE) accredited program.
- Ability to problem-solve, effective verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge about the care of neonate, pediatric adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Valid, unrestricted Physical Therapist License from the State of Michigan.
- Current CPR certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire).