Manager, HR Communications
The Manager, HR Communications is responsible for creating the strategy and content for all internal HR related communications. In collaboration with Ascension Marketing and Communications, this individual utilizes various forms of media to articulate the current state, vision and evolution of HR and HR programs to include content areas related to Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development & Learning (Learning & Development, Change Leadership, Model Community & Culture, etc.), Associate Rewards (Compensation & Benefits), HR Delivery and the Ascension Leader Institute.
The Manager, HR Communications is responsible for creating, editing, producing and obtaining approvals on communication materials that will be cascaded to internal stakeholders such as Ascension Leadership, Market and Solutions Leaders, HR Leaders, HRAssociates, and broader Associate audiences across Ascension. Work product may target external audiences such as potential recruitment candidates.
This individual is responsible for working closely with Marketing and Communications to employ a variety of communications channels across a spectrum of print, electronic, digital and visual media in support of the achievement of HR strategic priorities.
- Provides staff support for HR Communication Council which is comprised of representatives from HR CoEs and Delivery to ensure appropriate, timely, sequenced and aligned communications coming from HR.
- Responsible for working with Ascension Marketing and Communications to ensure messaging is aligned and graphic design is completely consistent with Ascension guidelines for all materials, including templates and supporting collateral and materials.
- Develops best-practice communication plans in support of HR enterprise and local initiatives and programs.
- Coordinates and contributes content for a variety of HR communication vehicles, including print collateral, video scripts, publications, online and social media.
- Ensures communications content is consistent with overarching messaging and strategy around HR’s strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates content management and publishing/distribution in a timely and complete manner.
- Carries out a variety of special duties as requested; serves on work groups or task forces as assigned.
- Integrates concepts of change management into communications programs and campaigns, and serves as a champion for change.
- Develops robust, communications support for culture of engagement and conversation with key audiences.
- Working in collaboration with Communications and Marketing and Mission Integration, responsible for communication strategies to response to associate feedback related to pulse surveys, model community survey, etc.
- High school or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field preferred.
- Four years of experience is required.
- 5 - 7 years of work experience in communications working directly with an HR team or client preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The incumbent must have excellent organization and communication skills, including strong writing skills.
- He/she must be self-motivated and self-directed and must be able to carry out assignments to completion with minimal supervision.
- He/she must be able to operate a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The incumbent must be able to coordinate a number of projects or activities concurrently.
- He/she must relate well with people at various levels of the System, including executive leadership, and put forth a positive image of HR to both internal and external parties. Interpersonal skills are critical.