The Quality Assurance Manager is a dynamic, driven, and hands-on leader with a demonstrated track record of partnering with manufacturing to maintain the highest quality standards and continually improve operations through process control. The QA Manager provides strategic quality leadership and implements programs to ensure that the facility’s AS9100 registered Quality Management System is executed and monitored. The position directly manages production and office QA personnel; and the successful candidate will empower the team and advance its performance and capabilities with strong analytical, technical, and organizational guidance. In addition, the QA Manager is an integral participant for site audits and works closely with the Sales and Manufacturing Managers to provide timely and thorough responses or actions to customers and suppliers. With an expanding facility and increased production volume, the QA Manager ensures that all equipment, processes, and personnel are properly qualified and that jobs are processed to the proper military and/or customer specifications.
- Maintain, enhance, and enforce the facility’s AS9100 registered QMS:
- Be the primary interface with the AS9100 registrar; preparing and leading the annual audit and closing out findings in the allotted timeframe.
- Lead quarterly management review meetings of the QMS; tracking performance metrics and implementing corrective actions. Ensure the division’s Quality Manual is understood throughout the facility and that appropriate data is collected to support adherence to policies.
- Conduct internal department audits and external supplier/vendor audits. Drive supplier quality improvements.
- Maintain corrective action system and continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintain document control system, including: work instructions, internal procedures, personnel training records, tooling drawings, customer specifications, military standards, and quality records.
- Ensure equipment calibration and preventive maintenance are completed on time.
- Provide clear leadership for ~10 QA personnel. Assign clear roles and tasks, assign accountability, devise performance metrics, and track performance.
- Build quality into production by collaborating with manufacturing:
- Cultivate in-process quality checks by QA personnel to ensure first-piece inspection is performed, quality is sustained throughout jobs, and production documentation is properly completed.
- Enforce safety, organization, and neatness throughout the production floor.
- Implement incoming inspection of raw materials at receiving.
- Identify root cause of quality issues and document improvements for subsequent production runs.
- Ensure the containment or other control of nonconforming material.
- Chair the material review board.
- Lead customer interaction with regard to onsite audits, material returns, corrective actions, surveys, and compliance issues such as REACH, RoHS, and conflict metals.
Provide quality leadership for the division’s two satellite sites (ISO9001 and ANSI/ESD20:20registered).
- BS in engineering or physical sciences from a fully accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of quality assurance management/supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an electronics manufacturing facility, preferred.
- Experience within the military/aerospace industry (or other highly regulated industry), preferred.
- Experience with LeanSix Sigma, process improvement, and SPC, preferred.
- Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen.
- Team player who can multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, lean environment while maintaining quality standards.
- Proven leadership and people development skills. Ability to rapidly generate credibility and a high-degree of respect and trust within the organization.
- High-energy, results-focused self-starter with the capability to be an agent of change.
- Detail-oriented, with a logical and data analysis driven approach to problem-solving/decision making.
- Computer skills (spreadsheets and ERP system).
- Ability to understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of MIL-Specs/Stds, ITAR, and export regulations, preferred.
- Experience with AS9100 and ESD facilities, preferred.