Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The business is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As a Sales Engineer, you will be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.The successful candidate must be a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and virtualization who should be able to demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the Back-up Recovery product space.
- Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a salescampaign.
- Addresses competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market
- Provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of fully integrated technology solutions in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Acts as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into DELL EMC's engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.Leads technical sales calls
- Configures and documents DELL EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10+ yrs of enterprise sales engineering management experience, be a self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, can do approach.
- Deep expertise in back-up recovery products/solutions required (Data Domain, Avamar, NBU, Commvault, RP, etc).
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
- Detailed product knowledge.
- Customer focused.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.