EXOS helps people perform at a high level so they can achieve what matters most to them. Since our founding in 1999, we’ve become a leader in proactive health and performance, trusted by more than 150 clients, including corporations, academic institutions, health systems, sports organizations, the U.S. military, community centers, and residential communities. With award-winning facilities and spaces, technology, equipment, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need and provides individualized plans based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance.
We know that athletes’ careers evolve and their goals change, but the one constant is the demand for staying at the top of their game, and pushing it to new levels. That’s why we develop personalized game plans for athletes around the world at any point in their career. We’ve helped individuals and teams in just about every sport on the elite level as well as college, youth, and high school. Wherever athletes are preparing to compete, EXOS specialists are helping them get there — from club team tryouts and high school championships to renowned events like NFL combine, the Olympics, and the World Cup.
The Physical Therapist will work with patients, initially evaluating them and establishing a plan of care. The Physical Therapist should be able to develop a plan of care using their skills as, identifying goals and ensuring patients are progressing and adapting the plan according to progress and other applicable conditions. These treatments should include utilization of techniques and equipment of rehabilitation, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, manual therapy, ultrasound, traction, therapeutic exercises, massage, wound care interventions, and individualized application to the patient.
The Physical Therapist will also serve as the clinic manager, monitoring the daily functions of the facility while leading by example and completing assigned duties in a timely manner. The Supervisor is also responsible for the supervision of treatments or parts of treatments delegated to staff and support personnel.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Promotes open communication with employees
- Follows procedures for new employees including, Human Resources and training requirements
- Keeps employees involved in and informed of department and company-wide changes
- Monitors and plays an active role in department’s scheduling to ensure facility is productive and staff is utilized to be the best of their ability
- Provides leadership by making decisions, problem solving, and developing department procedures
- Approve leave and overtime; complete or review and sign off on timecards
- Establish and manage budget, approve expenditures, initiate and sign appropriate paperwork
- Demonstrate complete competence in oral and written communication while maintaining accurate departmental records
- Demonstrates ability to conduct appropriate comprehensive evaluations for patients who may be experiencing a variety of diagnoses while utilizing appropriate formal and informal assessment tools
- Designs a schedule that allows completion of all work activities, including paperwork, in an efficient and effective manner
- Collaborates with other professionals to serve the needs of the patient by actively listening, responding professionally to feedback, and demonstrating collaborative therapy and co-treatment
- Earn continuing education of professional development units sufficient to meet requirements for state licensure requirements and certification maintenance if applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Secondary Functions & Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary for providing or facilitating treatment from culturally and linguistically different backgrounds
- Participate and/or present in-service lectures to other staff members, students or other groups of interest
- Assist with clinical education for PT and PTA interns
- Assist in coverage needs for other facilities as needed
- Assist with preparation of departmental objectives
- Assist with departmental PI Data collection and peer review process
- Serve on TRS committees as needed
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy School/Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Must be familiar with all up-to-date techniques and treatment s covering the entire field of Physical Therapy (Internal medicine, orthopedics, rehabilitation, pediatrics, geriatrics)
- Minimum of 5 years’ clinical experiencerequired
- Licensure qualifies therapist to assess and treat the pediatric through the geriatric population with a focus toward National Patient Safety Goals
- Licensed to practice Physical Therapy by the Tennessee State Board of Physical Therapy Association