We are looking for a qualified Digital Editor for our hunting related brands to join our team. Chosen candidate will be responsible for leading the charge on creating, improving, publishing and maintaining hunting related content to achieve set business goals. Some business goals will include: improving web traffic; assisting Ad Sales, Social Media, Marketing, Programing, Operations and Print departments; and improve brand awareness.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative content skills, proven ability to lead a small team of digital editors and freelance contributors. As a Digital Editor, being able to perform and deliver within deadlines are a must-have quality. Ultimately, oversee all content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
If you’re an expert in content development, search engine optimization and brand consistency, with a passion for the hunting industry, we would like to meet you.
Hunting brands included, but not limited to: Petersen’s Hunting, Petersen’s Bowhunting, Bowhunter, North American Whitetail, Wildfowl, Gun Dog, Game & Fish, Outdoor Channel and Sportsman Channel.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing and sales targets
- Collaborate with ad sales, social, marketing, research, TV programming and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Lead a team to develop engaging content, proofread, edit for SEO and publish
- Liaise with digital editors and content providers to ensure brand consistency and voice
- Keep digital editors up to date with SEO best practices
- Use various tools and systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to social mediachannels, newsletter platforms, backlinking from other websites to increase traffic
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to help digital editor team remain on schedule and to keep other company departments informed on future plans
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, news and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven work experience of 5+ years as a Digital Editor, Digital Content Manager or Digital Content Director
- Hands on experience with MS Office, a CMS (Content Management System), and photo editing software
- Technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Strong attention to details and budgets
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- BS degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- A strong passion for the hunting industry