Siemens is looking for an Account Manager focused on selling the Energy Management Portfolio of products to industrial contractors, engineering firms, and select end users within a territory comprised of Northeastern Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. This individual will report to the Central Region Industrial Sales Manager for the Totally Integrated Power Team. The successful candidate will have a background in power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, gas insulated switchgear, energy automation solutions, as well as a solid working knowledge of how to tie these components into one solution to promote a complete Siemens package. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is versed in developing and executing sales strategies for this assigned territory in coordination with Global Account Team members and business unit entities (automation, drives and power distribution).
The candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within a customers’ organization including engineering, process control, purchasing, and all levels of management (production, operations, maintenance, plant and corporate).
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This is a quota based sales role in which the successful candidate will have a proven record of achieving territory specific quota objectives.
- Must have a clear understanding and commitment to utilization of account planning tools, including continuous gap analysis maintenance.
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Will be responsible for forming account teams and coordinating team activities while maximizing sales.
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills for articulating the value proposition of product, solution and service offerings.
- Must possess a high level of product knowledge that serves as a basis for guiding customer planning and budgeting on both product and electrical system sales.
- Focused on developing account strategies that assure continued customer loyalty.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers within customer organization.
- Creation and maintenance of account plans and territory gap-analysis data is a requirement.
- Proactively address potential problems and provide effective solutions in relation to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Collaboration with other Siemens sales teams is a must, therefore a proven record of inter-cooperation is required.
- Display a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Requires strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of electricalportfolio is a must.
- Proven experience in developing business plans and sales strategies that will influence customers towards a Siemens buying solution.
- Performs full range of standard work for the role with little to no supervision.
- Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Desire to grow and openness to new ideas in market approach.
- Required maintenance of all customer and activity tracking CRM system to ensure transparency of data across all divisions.
- BS/BA in electricalengineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-10 years of industrialelectrical solution selling experience is required. Experience with power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, and energy automation is preferred.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Experience working with client at executive and operations levels is required.
- ElectricalEngineering Background a plus