Cox Automotive is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst with 5 - 7 years of experience working in a successful team environment supporting budget/forecasting activities, long-range planning and ad hoc financial analysis. Candidates must have a solid understanding of financial management concepts, accounting procedures, measuring and reporting of key business drivers and variance analysis, and the ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of raw data. This role will also assist with business target setting, financial modeling, analysis of customer penetrations/opportunities, and market assessments. Effective communication of analysis through executive-level presentations is essential, as are interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Interpret financial data, variance analysis, and key business drivers to identify trends and make recommendations based on risks and opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis of financial data, metrics and customer data to support business decisions and evaluation of new opportunities.
- Understand the marketplace opportunity for areas of the business, and assist with providing insights to support strategic and operational decisions.
- Assist with presentation of financial analysis and interpretations to executive-level audience
- Assist with the financial planning and coordination of quarterly P&L forecasts and annual budget process, including capital expenditures.
- Perform revenue and financial modeling with a perspective on benchmarking, industry and consumer trend impacts on business drivers.
- Assess and provide recommendations related to more effective use of our financial systems to meet our analytic and reporting needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent work experiencein a financial environment required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of five years of business experience with strong focus in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong analytical ability with track record of delivered results.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, including logical and reference formulas, financial functions, correlation through pivots and logic, best practice structure/design, assumption toggling, and formatting for executive presentations.
- Solid analytical and research capabilities required.
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to prepare executive level presentations and insights.
- Self-starter with flexibility and willingness to balance multiple, changing priorities and work under tight deadlines andexperienced in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one’s own work.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint skills preferred
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion Planning, Reports, and Essbase is a strong plus.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts, practices and procedures
- Minimal travel may be required.
Job Number 1713887