Our mission at Socrata is to help government use data more strategically and effectively in the design and delivery of their programs and missions. Since 2007, we have focused on improving the access and utility of data held by government institutions around the world, and making that data useful to people outside and inside of government.
Socrata set out to develop a new kind of cloud-based software infrastructure and an innovation network designed to unlock the flow of government data.
We’re the leader of a global movement called open data where engaged citizens, civic hackers, elected leaders, program managers, entrepreneurs, journalists, scientists and researchers are applying data to age-old problems to make government more efficient and to improve society as a whole by improving government outcomes.
Our data platform and cloud-based solutions support the world’s most ambitious open data programs and internal data sharing programs at every level of government.Our customers include the US Federal Government; half of US states and most major US cities and counties.
Some of our amazing customers include states like New York, Texas and Utah; cities like Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles and New York; federal agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), US Department of Commerce, the US Department ofTransportation and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services!
Our select few non-governmental customers are ones with influence over government data policy, including the World Bank, the United Nations and the European Commission.
How We Act
At Socrata, how we act with each other and our customers embodies the core values and our code of conduct:
- We value big ideas and creative execution
- We build open and honest relationships
- We are results driven and accountable
- We celebrate success together
- We aspire to be remarkable
Do you share our values? Is this the kind of environment where you’ll feel empowered to do your best and most meaningful work?
What You’ll Be Doing
We are looking for a great Account Manager (AM) to join our team and be responsible for the retention, revenue growth, and overall health of Socrata’s State, City, and County customers in the southern part of the U.S. The AM is a trusted advisor to our customers who provides proactive, focused attention to strengthen product adoption, improve customer satisfaction, and reference-ability, as well as ensuring the customers are achieving success to their programs. This is a quota carrying position.
This position covers accounts in the south, and is ideally located in Atlanta, Nashville, Orlando, Miami or Charlotte.
On a Typical Day You Might...
- Find a new creative way to be a trusted advisor - always be thinking about how best to work with customers, in partnership with other Socrata teams.
- Develop a comprehensive customer plan, with clear success goals, customer growth targets, curriculum plan, and metrics to track progress for AM’s portfolio of customers.
- Assist the appropriate deployment teams and state & local sales teams to enable the customer plan, achieve deployment success, and find new use cases for revenue growth.
- Identify and drive references and customer evidence for the targeted state & local AM Portfolio customers.
- Act as a liaison/advocate between the customer and our product teams to represent the "Voice of the Customer". Establish account reference-ability, advocacy & loyalty by maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Strengthen the adoption of Socrata’s suite of solutions.
- Capture use cases / best practices to promote adoption across the state and local broad customer base.
- Engage with customer stakeholders to identify, define, track and measure the overall impact of Socrata to an organization as well as their program goals outside of Socrata.
- Identify risks or potential impacts to customer satisfaction - escalate critical customer issues and ensure escalation ownership with internal resources.
- Deliver regular summary of the overall 'health' of the engagement and use of Socrata’s solutions to internal management.
- Develop and execute successful account expansion campaigns
- Articulate a vision and maturity path for our customer base
- Connect our customers to their peers to create a competitive and collaborative environment within the community
- Create new leads from prospecting efforts and assist others to leverage business from new & established relationships
- Strategize, negotiate & close key business deals with existing customers
- Formulate plans to meet and exceed your annual sales quota
- Familiarity with SaaS products and software with 5+ years industry experience.
- Customer facing customer experience (customer service, program management, consulting or sales) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels.
- Experience in sales, ideally to public sector customers.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships at technical and Senior Executive levels.
- Considerable interpersonal skills including the ability to establish Trusted Advisor working relationships with our clients.
- Experience successfully collaborating and managing by influence (of non-reporting groups/individuals).
- Exceptional individual and group presentation experience to multi-level audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- A BA/BS or MSdegree is desired.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Socrata has 160 employees and is headquartered in a vibrant and creative workspace in Seattle, WA. The company also has regional offices in Washington, DC and London, UK. Socrata has raised $55M in venture backing from top VC firms including Sapphire Ventures, OpenView Venture Partners, Frazier Technology Ventures, and Delta-v Capital.