Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region’s largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist coordinates medication use, related education, and research to provide pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Manages drug therapy protocols as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
- Represents the Pharmacy on various committees.
- Committed to advancing the practice of pharmacy through education.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctorate (professional)
- Doctoral of Pharmacy degree from accredited College of Pharmacy with completion of a Post Graduate Year One Pharmacy Practice Residency required and Completion of a Post Graduate Year One Pharmacy Practice Residency.
Job ID: 227020