Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the evaluation and enhancement of control system operations with an increasing scope of responsibility. The Control Systems Service Engineer II will perform routine work assignments with limited supervision and will actively work to increase product knowledge and skills;
- Prepare functional logic descriptions, in English text form, extracting the functional requirements from P&IDs, system descriptions, component specifications, and other plant design documents to define objectives of control system modifications, noting the reason for the logic change and the basis for making required changes;
- Review operational data from the affected GTs or other similar frame applications to identify the current operating characteristics that will be used as a benchmark for development of control system enhancements, utilizing PI, Excel or other data acquisition software;
- Prepare design documents including SAMA logic drawings, specifications, work procedures, checklists, validation or test plans, and as-built drawings per MHPSA procedures that are required to achieve the operational improvements;
- Provide diagnostic support for resolution of issues by performing root cause analyses and recommending improvements to control system logic or hardware including HMIs, CPUs, software, instruments and actuators.
- Provide technical support to field service personnel on the judgment or interpretation of design criteria for Diasys UPV & Netmation, Ovation, and WDPF control systems;
- Support communications with MHI control system engineers to obtain consensus on logic and hardware modifications and to promote unified control system applications.
- Make suggestions for product and service improvements that will increase customer satisfaction with Mitsubishi products and services;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Service Engineering;
- Ensure products meet or exceed MHPSA and customer requirements;
- Support the development and training of the Control Systems Service Engineer – 1 with technical project support and guidance.
Job Code: #3805