The Manager Information Technology (TechnologyPortfolio Management) will be responsible for the management of investments, projects, governance and resource planning of APS Information Technology projects.
BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree or equivalent work experience. An additional eight to ten (8-10) years progressively responsible related experience in area/s of assignment is required to obtain an advanced understanding of information and/or communication systems, operating systems, network communications, equipment and infrastructure. Demonstrated leadership skills required. Previous supervisory experiencepreferred.
Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills, high quality interpersonal and people management skills, and demonstrated experience in project management.
Extensive experience in the development, integration, and support of information and communication systems applications, distributed and mainframe environments, networkarchitecture and sub-systems, distributed and mainframe server architectures cross platform interfaces. Extensive experience in information systems methodologies, systems guidelines & architectures, and technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of asset life cycle management processes and supporting tools and services
- Advanced knowledge of software development and project management methodologies
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in the use of reporting tools to monitor portfolio activities and analyze portfolio performance.
- Advanced knowledge of APS enterprise financial practices
- Manage a team consisting of IT Portfolio Management professionals, typically at the entry through Senior levels.
- Support organizational and IT leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of IT investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
- Focus leadership efforts and provide/escalate data around the organizational aim of achieving an optimized mix among the IT project investments, making the best possible use of all resources and delivering the maximum value and benefits from projects and programs within the portfolio.
- Ensure the adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio and in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
- Advise leadership on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services.
- Provide technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.