As the Construction/Project Engineer, you’ll have the chance to be an on-site engineering lead with our Construction Management Team at the Virginia International Gateway Terminal in Portsmouth, Virginia. Working with other members of the team, you’ll organize and direct all construction-related activities
through the duration of the project and serve as a bridge between the contractor and designers. During your time with us, you will supervise field staff; including inspectors, assistant resident engineers, construction materials testers and administrative personnel; as well as engage with the client as it related to project-field activities. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline
- At least eight years of experience at least eight years of experience in project engineering, construction management and/or construction related activities specific to transportation projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience within the ports and maritime market, including the construction of piers, quay structures, wharves, container facilities and other harbor/marine facilities
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or the ability to obtain one within six months
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline · Certified Construction Manager (CCM) from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- Working knowledge of site civil, heavy marine civil, including earthwork, cast in place and precast concrete, structural steel, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, rail construction and electrical
- Experience with the administrative, contractual, inspection and business aspects of the construction process within the transportation market