Responsible for technical coordination relating to corrosion control and pipeline integrity. Oversee and maintain pipeline inspection records to provide compliance. Also responsible for safety programs, environmental protection programs, governmental compliance, employee training and development, budgets, technical support and personnel functions within technical area of responsibility.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assisting the Corrosion Supervisor with budget management including the review and updates to O&M and capital projects.
• Manage regional Cathodic Protection Data Management program (CPDM) data and generate reports as required.
• Review and analyze field test data from annual and interim surveys and provide suggestions for mitigation.
• Oversee and track regions remote monitoring equipment and invoicing
• Resolve cathodic protection and interference problems, as well as any system adjustments and implement corrective action through corrosion and maintenance personnel and oversees work of outside contractor.
• Assist the corrosion technicians with the selection of corrosion monitoring systems, the design of ground beds, drawings, specifications, and calculations.
• Generate drawings, job scope, specifications, and contract bid documents for effective long term cathodic protection systems.
• Plan, coordinate, and direct jobs, suggest priority of corrosion control projects and installation of protective measures.
• Coordinate work with regulatory, environmental, right-of-way, procurement, corrosion technicians and contracted services to complete projects.
• Review and inspect the installation, operation, and maintenance of cathodic protection facilities, power lines, galvanic anodes, and internal corrosion control facilities.
• Review as-built drawings, make corrections as needed and forward modified drawings to the records and GIS department for documentation of changes.
• Maintain required records, including job books, pipeline inspection reports and annual survey data.
• Maintain the annual programs including regional painting, asbestos tracking system, pipeline Inspection reports (PIR), rectifier one-call data base and pipe to soil surveys.
• Assist in the annual review of corrosion control program with the operations supervisors and managers.
• Assist field personnel with the evaluation, development, implementation and maintenance of facility grounding systems.
• Assist with all ECDA and ICDA inspections and coordinate all CIS and DCVG surveys.
• Assist corrosion technicians with A/C and D/C interference testing.
• Coordinates and assists with the integrity ILI prove up digs, including reporting all dig information to the project manager.
• Provides annual refresher, safety and emergency response training for corrosion personnel.
• Oversee the regions NDT program.
• Attend operations monthly safety meetings.
• Coordinate and assist with OQ training and qualification.
• Assist with the investigation of all pipeline failures.
• Participate in federal inspections.
• Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
• Demonstrate and enforce the highest professional integrity, ethics and safety discipline.
• Demonstrate and reinforce a culture of regulatory compliance.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Business or a related discipline.
• A minimum of five (5) years direct related experience in cathodic protection applied principles may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
• A minimum five (5) years working experience with corrosion operations of crude oil/gas pipeline systems.
• Experience in all phases of corrosion control and pipeline integrity as described in the Job Responsibilities.
• Knowledge and experience in operation of pipeline, measurement, pump stations, compression and all related equipment.
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of crude oil, flammable gases, liquids and high and low pressure systems.
• Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
• NACE Certification as a corrosion technician or technologist.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with CPDM and RSTRENG.
• Ability to estimate installation, operating and maintenance expenses associated with corrosion systems.
• Operate and maintain chemical injection and pressure access equipment.
• Understand and operate all corrosion related instrumentation.
• Working knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems, corrosion related portions of NEC, and NACE standards.
• Experience with chemical injection and pressure access equipment.
• Good record of safe work practices.
• Working knowledge of environmental and safety aspects of coating projects.
• Ability to complete work assignments with minimal supervision in an acceptable time frame.
• In depth working knowledge of pipeline operations, project management, risk engineering principals and DOT 192 regulations.
• Working knowledge of environmental and safety aspects of coating projects.
• Knowledge of company policies and DOT regulations.
• Knowledge and experience with safe handling practices of products (gas and liquids).
• Demonstrated ability to lead towards operational excellence.
• Strong customer focus in dealing with engineering, field operations and other internal and external groups.
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
• All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Living environs may be negotiable and will be relevant to the work location.
• Frequent overnight travel will be required.
• Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.