Primary responsibility for managing field or office operations of the land development function.
- Direct land activities at large Master Plan or multiple smaller projects over large geographic area
- Manage and coordinate contractors, inspectors, engineers and master developers Review design documents, site plans, improvement plans and plats for projectcoordination and accuracy
- Lead and coordinates Value Engineering Process
- Prepare and manage budgets.
- Verify job-specific invoices.
- Direct planning and engineering design for conformance to Master Plan as amended from time to time
- Serve as principal liaison with regulatory agencies when preparing, modifying or obtaining approval of the comprehensive land plan or permitting
- Coordinate and review utility company designs
- Lead the bidding and contracting processes
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES LEVEL:
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent
- Related Functional Experience: Minimum of 5 years
- Basic fundamental knowledge of civil, geotechnical engineering and surveying Land development/homebuilding construction experience
- Multi-tasking a requirement