Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research and Development (VMRD) seek an enthusiastic colleague for a challenging and fast-paced position in research and development of veterinary medicines in Kalamazoo, Michigan. As an integral member of research and development project teams, the candidate will design and implement R&D programs to demonstrate formulation performance and analyte stability in Type B and C medicated articles. The candidate will collaborate extensively with analytical, formulation, clinical, and regulatory scientists as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Developing study designs and protocols for feed mixing and stability studies.
- Placing studies and monitoring feed manufacture and sampling at feed mills, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), and other sites.
- Coordinating logistics and communication for multisite studies (feed, analytical, statistics, etc.).
- In partnership with analytical scientists, transferring feed assays to Contract Research Organizations. Actively monitor quality and progress through the final data reporting stage.
- Writing or contributing to study reports and regulatory submissions.
- Rapid response to regulatory, manufacturing, and product support queries (globally).
- Opportunity for participation in industry working groups.
- Occasional travel: ca 15% depending upon nature and stage of project work.
Minimum skills, education, attributes:
- BS, MS, or PhD/DVM in animal science, animal nutrition, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, pharmacy/pharmaceutics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of post-graduate experience (PhD/DVM) or 10 years of experience (BS or MS), preferably in the veterinary pharmaceutical or agricultural/food industry.
- Demonstrated skill in scientific writing (protocols, reports, journal articles) and presenting data and study summaries to project and leadership teams.
- Excellent organizational and communication abilities (verbal and written English).
- Ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment in a global company.
- Other attributes/competencies: passion for problem solving, judgment, flexibility, perseverance, planning, and adaptability.
Desirable skills, education, attributes:
- General understanding of manufacturing practices and facilities used by feed mills for medicated feeds.
- Familiar in principle with methods for analyzing drug levels in animal feeds.
- Experience in collecting representative samples from different feed matrices.
- Knowledge of requirements (VICH and country/regional/state) for development of veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Experience in writing or contributing to technical sections/dossiers for regulatory submissions.