Industry: Information Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 405 days ago
Description • Develop project objectives based on predefined customer strategy
• Define scope of effort required to meet objectives
• Define activities, sequences of events, dependencies and duration of tasks required to complete the project
• Manage resources and materials committed to the project
• Facilitate team building and communication
• Provide direction and decision making for problem resolution
• Implement corporate operating procedures including communication, documentation, quality, and change control processes
• Coordinate, approve and track all project related expenses including all hours, materials and services
• Assess and manage risk of strategic, technical, financial, political and/or business factors facing the project
• Coordinate across all corporate and regional departments and disciplines to ensure timely and quality product and service deliverables to the project
• Coordinate all project matters and monitor on a daily basis; assign/delegate tasks as appropriate
• Report progress in writing on a weekly basis. Identify internal and external factors jeopardizing the project, escalate issues and recommend solutions to functional and/or matrix manager
• Analyze, review and forecast project spending with Finance
• Coordinate post project review of policies and procedures employed with a view to improve future projects performance
• Perform post project and employee performance reviews
• Mentor less experienced Project Managers and/or Project Specialists
• As required, manage requirements (business, functional, non-functional, system) First Year Goals • Successful engagement with the project team(s) and is respected as the leader.
• Understanding and adoption of tools and methodologies used by IGT PMO.
• Clear Communication and project reporting – includes senior stakeholders having a clear understanding of project progress as well as obstacles.
• Assigned projects will have clear plans, forecasts, and schedules that are updated regularly.
• There will be evidence of scope management through clear documentation and communication of all requests for changes to features, budgets, and/or schedules. Required Qualifications • Bachelor's degree (preferably in Management, Business, Engineering or Information Technology) or equivalent experience
• Four to seven years of project management experience with demonstrated success delivering systems including experience managing schedules, budgets, and scope.
• Certification - Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum environments is considered an asset
• Experience with project management scheduling tools, such as MS Project or Clarity
• Willingness to travel
• Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies
Req No. 16528BR