About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
The person will design, develop and maintain internal and third-party software solutions, delivering excellent products in-scope and on-time. Participate in a team of motivated, driven, high-energy developers, building trust and confidence with team members and business stakeholders. Desire to learn and grow in new technologies and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, build, and modify code successfully.
- Track down and resolve bugs.
- Complete Tier 1 development support requests (e.g.: history pulls; new process/product; small to medium-sized feature additions/enhancements; etc.)
- Work with the Development Technology Lead, to implement solutions for tasks assigned on a project
- Provide task estimates
- Implement code changes isolated to large systems maintained by dedicated project teams
- Ensure current and accurate system documentation
- Coordinate and perform testing of system modifications, verifying that testing is completed, documented, and changes implemented
- Analyze business application requirements for functional areas to identify concerns and develop action plans
- Maintain existing legacy applications
Required Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years relevant software development experience
- Excellent communication skills – reading writing and verbal.
- Experience with SDLC.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Understand OOP principles.
- Must be analytical, have problem solving skills and be intellectually curious.
- Organized and attentive to details.
Preferred Skills – these are NOT required:
- Experience with iterative Agile development methodologies
- Experience building and shipping software for multiple platforms
- Experience with any of the following frameworks is a plus; .NET, .Net Core, RESTful web services, jQuery, Angular, Bootstrap, Aurelia, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server or MySQL
- Cross-browser compatibility a plus
- Working knowledge of unit testing development practices and frameworks