Geospatial Analyst - ( Deployed )
The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams on various technical projects associated with the core mission, and will enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. Our engineers enjoy a flexible work environment, where contributions are recognized and rewarded. These positions provide an opportunity to work on projects that support some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. MDA employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI US Security Clearance.
The deployed Geospatial Analyst is responsible for designing, analyzing, and developing geospatial solutions and product specifications for infrastructure, hydrographic, and physiographic features for global geospatial images and vector products. Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Perform geographic information systems (GIS) analyses on natural resources data.
- Plan, design, develop, document, and analyze spatial and relational databases.
- Apply software to manage spatial and related tabular data.
- Build databases by capturing map information with coordinate digitizer.
- Produce computer map products depicting contents of databases, locate sources of GIS data, and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Work under general supervision and follow established procedures.
- Possession of excellent customer support skills
- Experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
- Knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes, and sensors
- Ability to deploy for up to six months OCONUS
- Ability to read and comprehend intelligence issues and military affairs and use GIS to develop Geospatial Intelligence reports and products to solve problems
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- Demonstrated MS Word, PowerPoint, and graphic design skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer support skills.
- Collaborating effectively with regional analysts, geospatial analysts, imagery analysts, military officers, cartographers, intelligence analysts, engineers, technicians, managers, vendors, or other customers.
Education and Experience
- Journeyman: 3+ years' relevant experience with geospatial analysis
- Bachelor's degree in related field can be included for up to 4 years of experience
- Experience with previous deployment
- Experience with the military or supporting military operations
- Experience with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, Terra Explorer and Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB and VBA, or some other object–oriented programming and scriptinglanguages, Oracle, and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data
- Experience with the extraction of Feature Data using NTM, Mapping, Charting, and Geodesy (MC&G) Stereo Imagery, Digital Point Positioning Database (DPPDB), Ortho–rectified Mono Equivalent for Precise Terrain and Ortho Product (PTOP), Mr. Sid Ortho–rectified Geotiffs (MSOG), Precise Ortho–rectified Image Datasets (POl D), and Controlled Image Base® (CIB®)
- Experience with identifying, compiling, and assessing geospatial and imagery data sets to support requirements
- Experience with using a variety of geospatial analysis software suites to accomplish the mission at an intermediate– to expert–level of mastery
- Experience with general NGA using ESRI, ArcGIS, Socet Set, and Socet for ArcGIS software
- Experience with NGA–specified digital data formats, including commercial imagery, panchromatic data, spectral data, and SAR and OPIR data