Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Financial Product Manager for the North American Residential business. This role will help develop, launch, and manage high-quality financial products including complementary and alternative options available from external partners and suppliers. The Financial Product Manager will especially focus on optimizing the customer offer; ensuring software quoting tools clearly communicate product value propositions; and managing the end-to-end product/market launch process.
The Financial Product Manager will be exposed to complex financing structures, obtain a thorough understanding, and eventually make meaningful contributions toward optimizing them. Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics and financial modeling in Excel and/or other programming languages is vital for the success in this role.
As Financial Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to participate in strategic decision-making for a business that is constantly changing and to help develop and launch products at the forefront of consumer finance and solar technology. This role is cross-functional, working with teams spanning from Project Finance to Sales to Digital, and requires a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, and flexible individual who can iterate and operate in a fluid business context. This role will report to the Manager, Financial Products team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop a detailed understanding of residential solar economics and underlying sources of customer value throughout targeted geographies to inform product strategy
- Become a financial products subject matter expert and gain proficiency in tax-equity and debt financing models
- Conduct market and economic analysis of new and existing SunPower product offerings
- Gather competitive intelligence and user feedback to benchmark and improve SunPower products
- Launch or expand new financial products and features, including market opportunity assessment, formulation of the go-to-market strategy, and post-launch evaluation/iteration
- Plan, implement, and evaluate price changes across different markets and financial offers, while ensuring compliance with SOX and investor covenants
- Define metrics and develop reports to be used to measure and evaluate the successful deployment of SunPower’s financial products, and support business forecasting
- Define and communicate requirements for software solutions used to calculate and convey customer financial offers, as well as support ongoing software-related financial product needs
- Support financier partnership management, as needed
- Other duties as required to support team objectives
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Engineering, Economics, Math, or Finance
- 4-8 years of demonstrated analytical and product management success, preferably in the residential solar industry
- Understanding of consumer finance products including leasing and lending
- Understanding of energy markets, utility rates and consumer and channel partner value propositions
- Proven ability to innovatively problem solve and demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills
- Superior project management and communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to operate in a billion dollar, global-matrix organization
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Based in Richmond, CA
- Estimated 10-20% domestic travel required
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.