Senior Systems Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Consulting
The Senior System Engineer -- SAN will follow and support directives/initiatives/missions as set by corporate leadership. They must keep up to date on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Performs installation and maintenance of SAN and SAN related software; ensures quality installation of equipment to manufacture standards, network connectivity, and integration with customer infrastructure.
- Performs software and OS updates as recommended by manufacturer.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting the server and SAN applications.
- Identifies customer needs and provides suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Contributes to projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved systems equipment and procedures.
- Performs library management, license management, policy and schedules configuration management, client service management, and client object discoveries
- Creates and maintains system documentation.
- Manages storage infrastructure vendors.
- Performs backup and data recovery.
- Troubleshoots errors in backups and restores.
- Administers, develops, manages, and performs disaster recovery procedures and processes for managed SANs and virtual environments.
- Adheres to hardware, software and documentation standards.
- Follows Performant IT policies and processes.
- Produces timely project progress reports, keep organization informed
- Keeps detailed records of maintenance tickets, trouble resolution, documentation, and emails related to installation and maintenance activity.
- Provides cutover support and assistance whenever called upon.
- Available for on-callschedule
- Knowledge of SAN Integration with Windows (2008, 2012), Active Directory, VMware, Cloud, Hyper-V.
- Extensive Knowledge of SANs (Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Pure, Nimble, Open Source etc.)
- Experience with SAN communication technologies (FCoE, iSCSI, etc.)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure monitoring tools (ScienceLogic preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Able to conduct research into SAN system and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to interact with management, stakeholders and business leaders in a professional manner
- Highly self-motivated, organized and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, take direction and report status
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Six or more years of experience in the installation and maintenance of SAN Technologiesrequired.
- One or more years of Windows, VMWare, Hyper-V system integration experience is required.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Skills should be sufficient to work independently, engage customers and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making skills and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, & Excel
- NCDA/EMCSA/VMWare/Storage+/CCNP Data Center
Less than 10%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.