Title: Field Applications Engineer US Citizen or Green Card
This person will be an EE experienced with devices that operate between 600-1700 volts
Support Customers Nationwide
The Power Field Application Engineer is responsible for promoting SiC technology to targeted customer base, providing application support from design concept through production. Must have power design experience and must be able to provide design recommendations (with relation to driver, layout, component selection, simulations, etc) to ensure customer success. This person will need excellent customer interpersonal communication skills and must be able to leverage technical knowledge/relationships to gain a competitive advantage.
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Ability to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Competitive salary with uncapped earning potential.
- A collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
- Work withsales account manager to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Qualify opportunities and determine if there is a fit for SiC power device.
- Pre-salessupport to convince customer of SiC system benefits and selling SiC’s value.
- Provide post-salessupport with Quality support and design optimization at customer site.
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production with hardware debug, and possess system-level knowledge.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support.
- Manage and train distribution FAEs.
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests.
- Provide customer feedback and application trends to Marketing for new product development.
- Own design experience as development engineer
- Set up of demo boards to verify circuits of customers in own lab
- Working knowledge of power design principles and topologies (Boost, Buck, Flyback, Full bridge LLC, Bridgeless topologies, etc)
- B.Sc. ElectricalEngineering or similar with 3-5 yrs semiconductor FAE experience or similar work in an application laboratory
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Ability to communicate with customer application engineers on the system-level
- Understanding of circuit design and power conversion
- PCB Layout experience and knowledge of simulation Tools LTSpice or similar
- Experience in failure debugging
- An understanding of the impact of EMI testing requirements, gate drive issues, bus bar design, parasitic, module concepts, etc
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support (up to 50%)
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.Sc. ElectricalEngineering with 5-15yrs semiconductor FAE experience.
- Experience related to customer support in high power applications (1kW-100kW, 600V to 1700V)