Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- At customer direction, provides oversight and direction to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy systems with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture as developed by the ASC contract.
- Plans, develops and coordinates epic/features for future planning sessions with USG product owner.
- Supports agile development software process, planning increments and sprint planning sessions and provides additional systems engineering support as needed.
- Ensures acceptance criteria are properly written and satisfied
- Attends daily scrums and supports design technical exchange meetings
- Ensures partnering, efficient solutions engineering and reuse first, Agile SE&I processes, leveraging tailoring & extending innovative approaches & cost-saving measures, applying industry standards
- Ensures project activities transparency & info sharing, informing NGA decision-making bodies, & directly facilitating collaborative, innovative, efficient, rapid solutions engineering capturing, publishing solution options, resolutions for future reference, NSG enterprise awareness
- Advocates current and future technology, and ensures the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices
- Oversees and user needs to develop IT solutions, designing/implementing processes, new/customized capabilities/services for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency, applying principles and techniques of system management processes, engineering analysis, and IT development methodologies as appropriate
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- 16+ years of systems engineering, integration, or systems development experience, with a minimum of 8 years in the IC community
- Knowledge of USG, commercial space, air and ground domain ISR GEOINT capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve complex problems
- Self-starter able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities delivering efficient staff work
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment both at the Senior Executive and execution levels
- Strong customer service team skills/accountability; able to collaborate cross-functional/organizational teams
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, multi-tasking, time management, load-balancing skills
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation skills; Able to lead technical forums/reviews/initiatives/studies
- Technical project engineering leadership skills and experience; Program and systems analysis experience
- Advanced degree or certification in a technical field
- Demonstrated experience in engineering GEOINT data access, discovery, and retrieval
- Demonstrated experience in cloud technology with emphasis on distributed performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include both legacy systems, as well as key concepts for future vision architecture (e.g., Cloud hosting, platform-as-a-service, and other IC ITE initiatives) and services (e.g., RTM, NCL, eXploit, and NGA Portfolio Initiatives)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development, acquisition, systems engineering, and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management, Test-Driven Development).
Job ID 2017-49105