Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits is seeking candidates for a Mountain State Manager opportunity based out of our Salt Lake City, UT or Boise, ID.
The State Manager manages all aspects ofsales activities for the LiquorSales team in the Mountain States. The Mountain State Manager isresponsible for designing and recommendingsales and marketing programs and setting long- and short-termsalesstrategies. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a team of sales professionals to include oversight of sales and merchandising efforts to accounts.
- Call on key accounts in designated territory/region and work with sales management to develop overall sales strategies.
- Set forth sales goals and implement attainment strategies to meet objectives and report on results.
- Collaborate with key accounts in geographic region to improve distribution of product within set accounts.
- Strategize with sales management to enhance contribution to division and company-wide sales strategies and goals.
- Align with supplier representatives to understand their brands, sales goals/projections, and support in securing additional market share through team's effective selling approach.
- Provide consistent and regular communication to team through weekly meetings and brainstorm solutions to overcome obstacles encountered in the field.
- Conduct sales meetings, product presentations, train, develop, and motivate team to foster the success of overall sales team.
- Remain apprised of market trends, completion and development within specific product categories, geographic regions, and accounts.
- Assist executive sales management with report analysis and preparation for supplier reviews and fiscal close.
- Coordinate sales efforts by establishing sales territories, determining sales goals and requirements and motivating sales team.
- Summarize and review sales and market information with senior sales executives; works with supplier representatives in an effort to increase sales of specific brands.
- Monitor, determine and execute on strategies to improve upon on agreed commercial KPIs (e.g., revenue, gross profit, forecast accuracy etc.) in tandem with Managers.
- Generate a commercial forecast representing true demand at a brand or SKU level using relevant market information (e.g., new product launches, innovation campaigns, emerging consumer demand trends and signals, etc.)
- Develop, manage, and report monthly expenditures for selling division to senior management.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify the factors negatively impacting forecast analysis and take mitigating action.
- Proactively manage new item launches and adjust sales forecasts to reflect promotional support activity and product development (e.g., discounting, samplingevents, etc.)
- Updatesales forecasts based on insights into market activities that will have an impact on demand.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the department and function at Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales Management, Marketing or related field of study.
5 – 7 years of management experience leading a sales team in the adult beverage or hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of the wine and spirits industry and its major issues, regulatory considerations and the ability to use this information in support of the organization when carrying out one's job function.
- Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of marketplace experience, developments and trends related to the industry; ability to use this information in support of organizational goals.
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information.
- Outstanding management skills to mentor others on enhancing the quality of salescampaigns, programs and processes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Effective Influencing tactics and strategies to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Effective presentation skills to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Ability to develop sales plans, sales strategies that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets.
- Ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Ability to participate in business meetings, company initiatives and events upon request.
- Ability to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information and explain variances.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization - formally and informally.
- Ability to travel domestically in the U.S. to field locations as needed.
Job ID SAL00000006