This position provides high quality engineering services to support the short and long
term needs of the company. The Senior Project Engineer manages large capital
projects through all phases of multiple engineering projects or manufacturing process
activities and does so in a timely and cost effective manner. The Senior Project
Engineer will coordinate the services of both internal and external engineering and
technical groups for the division. The services provided require significant project
management skills and utilize superior technology and techniques to achieve high
standards of quality and efficiency.
1. Manage the company in all aspects of multiple complex engineering
projects/assignments, including coordinating with Architectural and Engineering
firms in developing design criteria, preparing design documents, preparing bid
documents and contracts for construction, reviewing bid proposals and selecting
2. Manage all aspects of project commissioning activities. Duties include managing
customer, projects, validation projects, safety inspection and verification, planning
staff training, determining operating requirements and writing procedures,
equipment Installation and Qualification, Process Qualification planning for and
participation in regulatory inspections, computer setup, selection and supervision
of technical, professional or operative staff, etc.
3. Review customer RQF for technical feasibility and provide high level capital cost
estimates for customer bid proposals in a timely manner. Provide technical support
for customer projects and technology transfer.
4. Provide technical support to Production on process improvement, deviations and
5. Manage the administrative aspects of the group by ensuring the preparation of
performance plans, job descriptions, and conducting employee performance
reviews. This includes hiring, rewarding and disciplining staff as required,
providing an environment that fosters teamwork and assigning responsibility and
accountability at proper levels. Provide guidance to staff in technical and
6. Application of all local and international engineering standards and principles for
7. Works under unlimited supervision. Follows established methods, techniques or
procedures without modification. Selects from several alternative courses of
action to deal with variations in methods, conditions, or processes. Work should
not need to be reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall
adequacy and accuracy. Failure to achieve results can cause large expenditures,
production delays or possible personal injury.
8. Analyze project requirements and develop a scope of work based upon broad
engineering principles and established methods in the industry, which is
consistent with current international and internal standards and specifications.
9. Fulfill approved equipment requirements, selection, and modifications to allow for
new and improved processes and to meet processing and technology changes.
10. Identify, select, and optimize alternatives to improve quality, yield, cycle time, and
11.Facilitate in-house training programs specific to the interfacing of the user with the
equipment and to provide understanding the basic principles of processes and
12.Ensure all cGMPs, safety practices, applicable codes, engineering standards, laws
and insurance requirements are met in the design, construction, start up andqualification of assigned projects.
13.It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner
in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
14.Comply with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
-BS in Engineering or production related discipline plus 6 years relevant experience
-6-8 years related field experience dependent upon level of education.
-Experience managing projects in excess of $750k.