The Manager - Operations Consulting serves as a subject matter expert in continuous improvement methodology for clients and leads improvement projects using a continuous improvement skillset. This position will be responsible for developing business growth by networking and working with internal and external partners to drive productivity and profitability improvement in diverse industries.
A successful Manager - Operations Consulting will carry out the principal accountabilities of the position while supporting the vision and intent of The Schenck Way.
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Manage continuous improvement client projects and coordinate with leadership team to identify and prioritize targeted areas of opportunity for eliminating waste, reducing variation, and improving profitability.
· Facilitate value stream mapping, business process re-design, Kaizen, continuous improvement, lean thinking, cycle time reduction, etc. to simplify and perfect targeted areas.
· Provide continuous improvement training and leadership of improvement events.
· Maintain detailed records of all improvement projects including quantifiable metrics regarding business impact.
· Attain or exceed individual targeted business development (sales) and billable hours goals.
· Mentor team and sponsors in their application of continuous improvement tools, techniques, and principles.
· Develop new business through existing contacts and reputation as well as new connections through the firm.
· Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy.
Skills & Requirements
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
· BS/BA degree in Business, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or a related field.
· Lean or Six Sigma Certification preferred.
· 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience.
· 5+ years of experience with process improvement, designing and re-engineering detailed processes, automating processes, and working on office automation and process automation tools.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience working on consulting projects across various business segments highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong operational technical knowledge and skills.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
· Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills with good presentation skills.