- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Review tax returns (1065, 1120, 1040) and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements.
- Actively participate in proposal development, at the direction of management, and take a lead role responding to requests for proposal.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates' technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking. Lead by example.
- Education: BS/BA accounting preferred; MST preferred, CPA required
- Minimum of 5 years tax experience in a public accounting
- Real Estate, Affordable Housing, Renewable Energy Industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task