CGI is looking for a Developer to join our Federal Business Unit who will support the EPA account team. The project is a Service Oriented Architecture-based network that handles the exchange of environmental data between EPA and its stakeholders (states, tribes, municipalities, private industry). The program builds, operates, and maintains this network and is responsible for building the data flows and environmental applications that operate on and integrate on the network. The Developer will assist in the development, operations, and maintenance of the Facility Registry Service, an application that collects and standardizes the address and identifying information for millions of regulated facilities across the United Stated.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Writing and reviewing source code using Agile development practices
- Participation in testing efforts
- Troubleshooting technical issues
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Minimum 3 years experience in software development and IT consulting.
- Proficiency in both Java and PL/SQL development languages
- Experience in Oracle Spatial development tools
- Familiarity with a variety of geospatial tools and technologies
- Database development experience including PL/SQL scripting
- Consulting experience
- Oracle Database experience required
- Experience authoring and consuming SOAP and REST web services
- Knowledge of the full software life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
Will accept candidates with a Masters degree + minimum 2 years experience
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements,US citizenship is required.
Position ID: J0917-0045