Your contribution may include:
- Develop sales strategies, and make sales calls and presentations to assigned customers
- Lead district’s business development initiative, and find and produce ABF business
- Manage business relationships, and entertain specified customers
- Communicate with various customers, management, and departments
- Create service solutions for customers’ unique business problems, and initiate pricing
- Maintain account information for territory in ABFs database
- Assist in collection process and cargo claim prevention, as needed
- Complete itinerary and call report as required by company guidelines and IRS regulations
- Complete monthly sales audit reports and expense reports, as company guidelines require
- Maintain cost control, set policy, and ensure production and quality service for sales staff
- Hire, coach, train, evaluate, discipline, and administer employee work duties
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
- Other duties, as assigned
As a District Sales Manager - Plano, TX, you will be a member of the ArcBest Customer Solutions: Truckload team in Plano, TX. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, required
- Five years transportation industry experience concerning business solutions, competitors and decision makers, required.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry and Company policies, services and computer systems and services capabilities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills.
- Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail.