Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose - to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
UL Compliance To Performance helps our life sciences clients drive results in compliance, quality and performance so they can enter new markets, stay in those markets and grow. We provide complete solutions to business challenges, addressing processes, people and IT issues. Our solutions are made of advisory, software and learning services, and support client needs from the early stages of market entry, through scale up and optimizing business performance.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for managing the CPQ (Configuration, Pricing and Quote) process and sales operational activities, as well as assisting the Sales Director and Sales Management team in achieving projected sales goals.
In this role you will:
- In conjunction with the Sales Director and Sales Managers, develop, implement and manage plan to achieve annual sales goal. Forecast, meet and/or exceed committed goals related to sales bookings and revenue including, but not limited to, new customer revenue, renewals and expansions.
- Manage and optimize the Configuration, Price and Quote (CPQ) process throughout UL Compliance To Performance.
- Oversee the optimization and continual improvement of UL Compliance To Performance’s Salesforce.com instance, including implementation of contract ordering and approval process and integration with other enterprise technology solutions, in order to bring the instance to the next generation to be able to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and expand sales operations metrics to drive achievement of annual sales goals.
- Manage contract review and approval process, in coordination with legal and business teams and customer.
- Implement product information and pricing strategies within Salesforce.com.
- Manage the entire sales operations and contracting life cycle, including but not limited to opportunity management, order management and contract review. Facilitate process mapping and optimization activities to facilitate current and future state scalable processes and systems supporting the sales process.
- Provide direction and support to sales teams regarding opportunity, order and contract management.
- Communicate direction to the sales operations team, conduct regular department & individual meetings with staff, disseminate company information, act as an information conduit.
- Day to day management of the sales operations functions, including hiring and direct management of staff.
- Lead analysis and evaluation ofsales data to provide insight for criticalbusiness decisions:
- increase sales productivity,
- calculate utilization and profitability by client,
- assist in the development of salesbudgets and rolling sales forecasts, including sales to budget variance analysis.
- Analyze and improve department-related programs, policies, processes and procedures, including pricing, contracts and CRM and hold sales operations team accountable for proper implementation and follow-through.
- Coordinate training and all sales support tools and infrastructure.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business or Marketing. MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of proven success in sales of SaaS based solutions, preferably within Life Science industry.
- At least 8years of sales operations management, including demonstrated success improving sales operations processes.
- Must be process focused/oriented.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma certification strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency in process mapping and optimization.
- Demonstrable proficiency rolling out new systems and processes.
- Demonstrable success accurately managing salesforecasting.
- Demonstrable success implementing and maintaining effective sales operations and contract review processes.
- Ability to motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve their goals.
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Our working environment is a launch pad for our employees to excel. Your growth will be supported with targeted development, rewards and recognition programs, so that you can maximize your potential.
Job ID 2017-6906