Branch Manager I Responsibilities
As a Branch Manager I, you will have overall responsibilities for leading a HomeCare branch operation in the achievement of outcomes dedicated to quality care and business growth. Duties include, but are not limited to sales, business development, client services coordination, staffing and workforce planning, community partnerships, and regional administration within budgetary confines.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Managing the business growth and development process, including managing multiple territories, conducting marketing campaigns, identifying leads, conducting cold and canvass calls, setting appointments, creating and developing proposals and pricing models consistent with established guidelines, making presentations, documenting customer agreements, and closing sales to grow market share.
- Monitoring to ensure sales targets are met, maintaining awareness of competitors strengths and weaknesses and ResCare HomeCare’s resulting strategic position; managing territory to ensure efficient sales strategy for the branch.
- Capitalizing on labor/business/community issues to grow market share.
Staffing and Workforce Planning
- Recruitment and selection of branch and direct care staff.
- Monitoring and supervising staff performance, including setting expectations, coaching, and recognizing achievement as part of the ResCare Performance Management process.
- Ensuring adherence to ResCare, Regional, State and Federal employment guidelines.
Quality and Compliance
- Managing Quality Management System initiatives; proactively identifying and assessing potential risks and costs associated with workers' compensation, unemployment compensation, extended payment terms, and bad debt.
- Ensuring compliance to internal and external Best In Class guidelines.
- Analyzing monthly financial statements and implementing strategies to increase profitability; managing operating expenses (profit and loss responsibility) to maximize contribution; developing and executing branch's annual business plan.
- Proven experience leading an operation with revenues of $3M or less
- Excellent problem solving skills necessary to handle client and employee issues
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Nursing, Social Services, or related field of study preferred
- 3-5 years of hands-on supervisory experience in Home Health, Hospice, and/or Healthcare setting
- Minimum 2 consecutive years outside, business-to-businesssalesexperience with documentable history of increasing revenue and meeting/exceeding set goals
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, problem solving, customer service, adaptability, and communication
- Proven supervisory experience commensurate with branch/regional size
- Ability to travel frequently within designated region or otherlocations as required