Let’s talk about you:
A successful Senior Systems Engineer joining our Cloud Infrastructure team will do much more than manage infrastructure, tools, and services. They will be leading a technical effort that builds automation and services that make operating a highly performant, large scale distributed system simple and easy. In this role you will have the opportunity to design solutions to business problems that are unique to ResMed. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In addition to this, you will help us support, scale, and optimize our production services, and be responsible for the implementation, design, and architecture of our next generation PaaS platform.
Our team is nimble. Our team creates next generation infrastructure solutions to support our growing Internet of Things ecosystem. To be part of our team you will need to walk with confidence, have convictions, and be willing to think outside of box. To be successful on our team you must have a never quit attitude, skill in collaboration, and a little bit of swagger. We practice candor and expect open communication.
- Work with multidisciplinary cross functional IT, Security and Product Architecture teams to implement and maintain HI infrastructure solutions and specifications
- Running and maintaining a 24×7 IoT production environment, across multiple data centers, involving thousands of systems
- Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic as well as capacity planning
- Work with multidisciplinary cross functional IT, Security and Product Architecture teams to gather and analyze product requirements and propose infrastructure solutions and specifications
- Solve complex problems by applying advanced troubleshooting techniques in Systems, Networking and Applications
- Adherence to Scrum methodology within the context of AgileInfrastructure Web Operations
- Technical design, implementation, and operations of infrastructure solutions across the Americas infrastructure footprint
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support for infrastructure operations and act as a mentor for junior staff
- Take part in Disaster Recovery design, implementation, and execution
- Work to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency and security throughout the infrastructure
- Implement systems improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Problem Analysis (identifying abnormalities, etc.) and resolution, monitoring and documenting
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance duties for supported environments
- Participate in the design and execution of production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Operations team as part of 24×7 support team to establish on-callschedules and collaboratively plan and execute off-hour provisioning, maintenance and operations activities for the HI infrastructure
Let’s talk qualifications and experience:
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can think outside the box and possess the mental agility to make an impact within your role quickly. You will be able to demonstrate grit, initiative, have the ability to learn fast and to work effectively within the team environment.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Expert experience in all aspects of system administration and engineering with focus in Windows Server
- Expert knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies
- Expert knowledge of VMware Virtualization technologies including Vcenter/SRM/Orchestrator/ESXi
- Experienced in server hardware architecture and design for large scale custom applications
- Experience deploying or managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24×7 environments
- Strong knowledge of Networking technologies (i.e. TCP, Load Balancing, Routing, Switching, Firewalls)
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, Ruby
- Experience working in Agile methodology including Scrum
- Formal VMware Certification (VCP6 minimum)
- Formal Microsoft Systems Certification (MCSE)
- Experience with Middleware products such as IIS, JBoss, ActiveMQ, Tibco, etc.
- Automation or monitoring framework experience, deployment or development (Splunk, AppDynamics)
- Experience with Sensitive Data Environments (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Experience with MongoDB and Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or higher)
- DevOps experience with configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, or Puppet.
- Grasp of In-Memory technologies such as Hadoop/HBase, Spark, Redis, Cassandra, Solr/Elastic Search.