POSITION PROFILE: 1. Lead key cross-category Canada activity, new market launches, brand asset support or development (in coordination with Marketing Communications), distributor interaction, etc. as needed to drive the Canadian business forward.
2. Manage the commercialization of multiple secondary or derivative products including the management of all Windchill processes and activities comprising of Windchill DRF-6 Stages, Windchill SEC Requests, Windchill Obsolete/Rework/ Conversion, Windchill Ref Doc-artwork.
a. Including oversight of Canadian packaging, art direction, photography direction, copy development and claims process. Develop package graphics (write copy and specify visual) and POP graphics. Establish timelines. Work with Strategic Sourcing and Supply Chain. Working with external vendors to Canadianize user guides for new products, maintain/update for existing products. Manage maintenance issues such as Product Obsolescence forms, Product Request forms, Inserts, etc. Oversee the development of sales materials/sell sheets/ POP assets and any other additional promotional tools. Partner with Sales to manage requests as they relate to customer meetings and requests. Insure sales and internal presentations have current, up to date information. Coordinate product/samples/cartons for sales meetings and internal/customer presentations. Work with Sales/Assoc. Director to execute customer specific or market specific promotions including finalizing creative, obtaining approvals. Trade Shows -- execute to strategy including products, graphics, create product demonstrations, and participate as required (set up, tear down, Product Knowledge, demos).
3. Identifies and defines consumer needs. Champions the voice of the consumer on all projects.
4. In conjunctions with the Associate Director, identify and define consumer needs for all development programs with the partnership of marketing research department.
5. Develop, implement, execute and manage new product launches and maintain existing product lines.
6. Serve as marketing lead for specific projects. Represents the voice of marketing, sales, and consumer services to R&D, finance, manufacturing, the related GCLT, and GPD team.
7. In conjunction with Associate Director and sales, develops line objectives and strategies for all applicable channels of distribution. Work with key accounts to develop and improve BISSELL product line in-store productivity, gross profit and assist in maximizing customer satisfaction.
8. Develops and manages appropriate merchandising, packaging, advertising, and promotional program, with the assistance of the communications group and account managers.
9. Monitors competitive strategic and tactical activities. Develop appropriate strategies and/or new launches.
10. Ability to communicate effectively with top management, project team members, manufacturing units, and all other Associates.
11. Works closely with other team members of the product business unit team and other support groups to meet timelines and budget objectives. Keeps Category Director informed of key issues.
12. Is available for marketing and sales projects as needed.
13. Understand and be held accountable for all the category's goals (including profitability). In conjunction with associate category director, develop and execute tactical initiatives and implement strategy to meet or exceed these goals.
14. Understand and assist in the plan and update development process.
15. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.Position Requirements1. Four year degree minimum with a concentration in Marketing or Business
2. Four to six years of experience in consumer products
3. MBA preferred