Vice President - Financial Support Services - Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) - Senior executive responsible for the health system SCM with a total supply spend of over $250 million dollars. Responsible for developing and implementing regional opportunities to help form relationships and create economic value for the Vidant Health system and for other regional hospitals and providers including owned physician offices. Works closely with Vizient and other GPOs as applicable to develop cost reduction opportunities. Implements, where applicable, supply distribution systems (Pyxis or other).
- VH and VMC Capital Budget Responsibility - Provides Vidant Health/systemwide and Vidant Medical Center leadership in SCM services to help stabilize/reduce supply expense through implementation of SCM controls. Responsibilities include the implementation of supply control systems which will provide high value, low cost products and purchased services throughout Vidant Health.
- VH and VMC Capital Budget Responsibility - Responsible for the development, implementation and operation of the StrataJazz application used by Vidant Health and Vidant Medical Center for capital budgets with a typical annual spend of $30-35 million dollars. Monitors system capital equipment budgets and aggregate the purchase of like capital items throughout Vidant Health to drive down acquisition cost. Also provides support to the monitoring of the Capital Five year projects plan.
- Supply Utilization - Through Clinical Quality Value Analysis (CQVA), works with clinical leadership, financial services, and group purchasing organizations to identify and implement cost reduction strategies through supply utilization and standardization of product.
- Cost Savings - Executive Lead for cost savings initiatives for Vidant Health. Uses enhanced contract agreement with Vizient, Vidant Health CQVA and VCG teams to help drive these savings.
- Central Atlantic Health Network, LLC (CAHN) - Executive lead in relationship with our Group Purchasing Organization (GPO). Also, has leadership role in the CAHN, a purchasing coalition which uses aggregated spend of multiple systems to negotiate preferred pricing with vendors.
- Productivity - Provides direction, oversight and guidance to the productivity analyst and facilitation of our Operational Improvement Program throughout Vidant Health. Monitors and oversees staffing productivity including review of internal operations with external benchmarks and implementation of best practices. This function is VMC-centered but also assists our Regional Facilities by providing benchmark information on a regular basis to VCOM leadership.
- Physician and Employee Satisfaction for SCM - Responsible for managing physician and employee (our end users) satisfaction with supply availability and convenience. Works with SCM and Nursing division leadership to improve proper usage of Pyxis supply stations.
- Support of Patient Care and Clinical Services - Provides Executive SCM support to quality patient care and clinical services. The Vice President accomplishes this through leadership and our supply chain's team participation in the NEC, CQVAs and VCGs.
- Board Committee Attendance and Report Preparation - As required, attends board meetings. As needed, attends Vidant Health and Vidant Medical Center Finance Committee Meetings and prepares quarterly cost savings report.
- OtherResponsibilities - Tasked by the Vidant Health CFO and others to perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree is required.
- 7-10 years experience in relevant field.
- Requires supervision and/or management of other employees.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.