Regional Orthodontic Manager - Dental Mgt Company - FL - 27049504
Our client is rapidly growing dental management company and they are looking for a Regional Orthodontic Manager who will work out of the Tampa/St. Petersburg area locations. The successful candidate could also reside in Orlando or Jacksonville, FL as well.
The Regional Orthodontic Manager be responsible for providing business development and operational leadership, direction and administration to assigned orthodontic practices in the region ensuring operational and financial effectiveness through its Orthodontic Treatment Coordinators(TC’s), Orthodontic Patient Care Coordinators (PC’s) in partnership with the Center’s Practice Administrators(PA’s) or Operation Manager (OM’s-multi-specialty offices) and Area Operations Manager(AOM’s).
The Regional Orthodontic Manager is responsible for growing the orthodontic business unit within their region, optimizing the orthodontic treatment acceptance process, optimizing orthodontic clinical and financial patient compliance, maximizing efficiencies, processes through coaching, mentoring, training, and performance managing the Orthodontic Treatment Coordinators (TC’s) and Orthodontic Patient Coordinators (PC’s).
At this company the employees support dental providers, and one of the top priorities of the Regional Orthodontic Manager is to see that the TC’s and PC’s and orthodontic support staff make it easy and rewarding for the doctors every day. Ultimately the goal is to improve the financial health of the dental practices through the Five Company Drivers and recruiting and developing the best talent.
As an expert in all company systems, the Regional Orthodontic Manager will be able to identify issues within a practice by monitoring key reports, in center observations, listening to feedback, and then coach and train staff in the office to correct the situation. Additionally, the Regional Orthodontic Manager working in partnership with the centers Practice Administrator (PA), and Area Operations Manager (AOM) and will be responsible for the condition and presentation of the orthodontic side of the practice with it being at all times “CEO Visit” ready and in compliance with all health and safety laws.
This position reports to the VP of Orthodontics. TC’s, PC’s and Orthodontic clinical staff all report to the Practice Administrator (PA) or Operation Manger (OM) of an office.
Business Development Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the growth and profitability of the orthodontic services in a specified region
- Establish a weekly visit schedule to offices to review business development and operational strengths and coach on business development and operational weaknesses with the TC and PC. On average, the Regional Orthodontic Manager will visit each office twice a month.
- Provide treatment acceptance mentoring, coaching, training, provide team and individual recognition, and the overall performance management of the Orthodontic Treatment Coordinators (TC’s) and Orthodontic Practice Coordinators (PC’s)
- Develop comprehensive business plans; forecasts, setting individual performance goals and objectives; conduct team meetings; identifying training needs, conduct individual training as needed, co-develop training modules as needed and developing and implementing individual performance evaluations.
- Consistently review providers’ schedules and the operational trip wires to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement within each individual office and compliance to company protocols
- Attend PM/AM Meetings during visits providing team motivation and feedback relative to financial performance, recognition, and company standard as well as listening to the team’s feedback regarding ideas and insights around improvement
- Ensure the TC’s and PC’s are communicating with the PA’s and our Personnel Support Center (PSC) via appropriate channels related to any operational issues (i.e. IT/facility tickets, payroll problems) and will work directly with PSC to bridge any gaps
- Act as a liaison for the providers to the Clinical Directors, VPO’s and VP of Orthodontics relaying any clinical and or operational issues
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Trains the TC’s and PC’s on the company’s customer service principles to help ensure patient flow
- Performs facility reviews with their AOM partner to ensure each office is compliant with all OSHA and healthcarelaws and follows the company office standard for appearance
- Review monthly customer feedback related to the orthodontic business to the Orthodontic teams
- Understand how to read, explain and manage the P&L statements for an office
- Ensure the TC’s and PC’s are compliant with financial policies including patient quotes, patient contracts, Care Credit pre approvals and approval processes, Insurance verification, patient and insurance accounts receivables, company internal patient tracking and reporting systems and a series of financial performance/AR reports including the submission, daily deposit of cash, daily processing of credit card batches and monthly submission of deposit back-up to the PSC
Management and Employee Development Responsibilities:
- Hold a quarterly regional meeting with all orthodontic teams to 1.) deliver updates and general information on company initiatives, 2.) deliver training on operational processes and procedures and 3.) review of office best practices
- Assist the Orthodontic teams in providing structure to the team’s day to ensure key priorities are addressed, and the team is disciplined in focusing on the Five Company Drivers
- Responsible for working with the recruiting department partnering with the PA’s and or OM’s to ensure the hiring and retaining the best talent who work at a high level with great care and respect for our providers, our doctors, our fellow employees and our policies
- Consistently provide performance feedback and coaching feedback as necessary in a timely, documented manner. Keeping the PA’s, OM’s and AOM’s in the communication loop as needed.
- Develop professional and collaborative working relationships with the orthodontists, referring general practice and pediatric dentists. The relationship between the orthodontists and their GP and pediatric dentists are key to ensuring consistent and continued growth of internal patient orthodontic referrals
- Develop a professional and collaborative relationship with the PA’s, OM’s,AOM’s, clinical support staff of both orthodontic and GP dentistry practices within the region.
- Staying current with industry practices
- Attend monthly meetings as requested by the VP of Orthodontics
- Thoroughly inspect the Orthodontic side of the office with the PA during each visit to ensure it is “CEO Visit” ready. Specific follow up items will be given and then re-addressed by the Regional Orthodontic Manager
- Ensure PA’s have all staff members complete legally required or internally mandated training for OSHA, HIPPA, emergencies and other areas.
- Other tasks as requested by the VP of Orthodontics
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, MBA preferred
- 5-7years’ experience in sales /operation management
- Sales management experience within a direct to consumer retail health care environment a plus i.e. Dentistry, Vision, and Aesthetics
- Experience with interacting with dentists and physicians in a professional environment a plus
- Active participation in professional organizations a plus
- A proven track record of success and exceeding performance goals as a sales/operations manager are required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability of bringing the best performance out of individuals and teams exceeding performance expectations
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and performance managing employees within a consultative selling environment
- A strong understanding of consumer financing and payment plans
- Experience and understanding of health care insurance and patient accounts receivables a plus
- A great eye for identifying consultative selling/ customer service talent
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office and other business analytics systems
- Superior customer services skills and successful record of customer relations management
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and professionally in a fast past environment
- Experience with managing budgets and delivering information from P&L statements and delivering strong results and growth
- Track record of successfully resolving a variety of level of conflicts across the organization and fixing troubled situations
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
- Successful record of managing multiple projects with correct prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to travel by car and by plane as required
- Valid driver’s license
Base Salary: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00+ (DOE)
Bonus: 25% + Expenses + Great Benefits
Locations: Tampa or Saint Petersburg (Preferred) Willing to consider Jacksonville or Orlando FL
Openings: (1) Opening
If you wish to be part of this successful and vibrant organization, please email a MS Word version of your resume to email@example.com. This company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.
For a complete listing of our current job listings please visit http://cubemanagement.com/candidates/job-listings