Lead Technical Solution Engineer ( Senior Manager )
If you join Duck Creek Technologies, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With global resources and deep technical know-how, our people, products and proven value combine to deliver the right solution and provide insurers with a competitive advantage. Choose a career at Duck Creek Technologies and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
The Lead Technical Solution Engineer for Duck Creek Technologies will provide technical product support during the sales cycle. This role works closely with the Sales and other Solution Consulting staff to promote Duck Creek product offerings. The Lead Technical Solution Engineer will be a subject matter expert able to work directly with sales prospects to present the technical capabilities of the products, addressing technical architecture, integration approaches, security, database, configuration, hardware/software requirements, and project scoping. He/she will conduct presentations, technical demonstrations, and Proof of Concept projects for the product offering, and will work with the Solution Consulting team on proposal development. The position will also work closely with the Product Management team to understand the product strategy/roadmap and to communicate requirements and trends encountered among our prospects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar program or an additional 4 years’ work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as technology architect or developer in software development team or software/content implementation team
- 2 years in customer-facing role and/or experience
- Become a subject matter expert on the technical aspects of Duck Creek offerings.
- Standard Functional / Technical Demo Support & Triage (Configuration)
- Custom Functional / Technical Demo Support & Triage (Configuration, Extension, Integration)
- POC Functional / Technical Demo Support & Triage (Configuration, Extension, Integration)
- Support RFX proposal process by researching and providing technical responses
- Develop skills to provide technical demonstrations of solutions
- Work directly with prospects to present via presentation, white board discussion and demonstration, how our solutions can meet the specific needs of the carrier.
- Ability to translate Duck Creek capabilities into benefits/values to meet the prospect’s unique business needs.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- 5 years’ experience in Insurance Technology
- 2 or more years’ experience with the Duck Creek platform
- Clear stage presence and polished presentation skills.