Cargill helps feed, 400 million people every year. Cargill Animal Nutrition is a leading nutrition provider for commercial animal agriculture across 24 countries. Our successful 100+ history is a result of our commitment toward a culture and values centered on customer focus and enrichment of people and communities. Our offerings are developed to meet and exceed customers’ needs; from accounting to agri-business management, marketing to risk management and sales consulting to plant operations. Cargill has a job that to meet your interests and goals. Our global career opportunities are as far reaching as our business.
The Dairy Technical Service Specialist is responsible for helping our dairy sales team grow and achieve success with existing and new dairy customers. This role is involved in trouble shooting on farm as well as making recommendations to help our customers be more successful. This individual will sharetechnologies and farm management expertise to our sales team and customers while working in the field. This role will cover Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. This role has specific responsibilities in Dairy services development sales and sales support and also will be responsible for helping train our sales team on various technical topics.
- 40% On Farm Problem Solving—provide expertise to Dairy Focus Consultants in order to identify farm issues, guide them through problem-solving these issues, and assist individual farm management teams to prioritize opportunities and be accountable for them.
- 40% Account Manager—drive new business, assist the sales management team to focus on the optimal accounts, lead a support team to service customers, suggest new business opportunities and needs.
- 15% Training —train Dairy Focus Consultants on how to identify farm problems, how to reconcile formulation and farm management, as well as training inexperienced/new hire consultants and providing coaching as they develop into their role.
- 5% Support for formulation system
- 5% Personal development
- PHD or DVM in Dairy Science, or Animal Science, or Vet Medicine with work experience in dairy nutrition/production
- 2 + years’ Experience in the field.
- Availability to travel80% of the time in the assigned region.
- Dairy problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience in dairy production or dairy production systems
- Demonstrated ability in project development and translation into application
- Safety Champion
- Strong understanding of dairy nutrition and technology application
- Effective use of time and meets deadlines
- Demonstrates high self-motivation and inspires others
- Ability to influence and coach others
- Effective team player, shares knowledge willingly
- Critical thinking on customer issue resolution
- 5+years’ experience in the field
Demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and define the most appropriate innovations to develop
Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and technologies and motivate teams.
- Project management expertise
- International studies and/or working experience
- Spanish proficiency.