The Marketing Operations Analyst is an ideal role for new college graduates seeking an opportunity to learn the market research industry from the ground-up. You’ll gain exposure to our CPG retail and manufacturer accounts; learn the workings of our leading-edge proprietary technologies; and understand how companies use market and sales data to make business decisions. Preferred candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as business, marketing, statistics, finance, economics, psychology, or another business or quantitative field. You should have corporate experience with an internship and 0 – 2 years of full-time workexperience. May 2015 graduates are encouraged to apply.
The Analyst is responsible for client operational account deliverables: providing internal and external communication on database updates; leading cross-functional, internal meetings and issue resolutions; and consulting on delivery process. The Analyst manages the operational, behind-the-scenes maintenance of client accounts, and supports Service Excellence initiatives for the client vertical that they support.
- Lead client account issue resolution and communicate resolutions and explanations to internal client service teams and
other cross-functional groups.
- Prepare and present quarterly reviews to each client with trends and action plans for improvement.
- Manage capacity needs, communicate timing of request, negotiate alternatives, and provide escalation support.
- Manage new work requests, work order changes, and provide expertise where appropriate.
- Provide industry and category expertise.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and best practice sharing.
- Provide restatement project leadership/expertise and act as project leader in managing timelines and feedback
- Create custom hierarchies as needed for the client.
- Facilitate new business and provide process input/expertise
- Investigate data/system issues and support proprietary technology tool
- Facilitate issue resolution for all downstream products and deliverables.
- Provide guidance to and mentorship for off-shore Delivery and Production personnel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with internal teams, monitor workflow, and assure follow-through
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility of work schedule to cover weekend work where needed
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-look up and basic calculations). Advanced Excel skills strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required