PRIMARY PURPOSE: To develop, maintain, test and debug software to meet generally defined requirements in a Windows client/server environment utilizing software development languages/environments such as PL/SQL, Oracle, Progress 4 GL Application Development Environment (ADE), .Net, Microsoft SQL, or other platforms; to formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding for the purpose of developing or modifying moderately complex information systems; to prepare detailed specification from which programs will be written; and to design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Becomes familiar with most aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
- Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
- Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
- Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
- Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
- Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
- Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
- Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
- Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
Six (6) years of language development in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Proven experience in interpreting user requirements, business applications design, and development of business applications strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of language development and applications design
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.