The Senior Director of Operations will report directly to the AVP/GM Collateral Management Services (CMS), and is responsible for assisting in and supporting the planning, development, and execution of the Collateral Management Services strategy and long-term vision, as well as having primary responsibility for all CMS business operations functions in the Wilmington, OH facility. The Senior Director will provide leadership and management, driving continual production improvements and efficiencies as it relates to all operational activities, using a full spectrum of LEAN tools and applications.
- Responsible for helping develop the long-term vision and strategy for CMS
- Responsible to help drive to execution the long term strategies for CMS as it pertains to Lenders, Vendors, Teams, and business needs
- Work closely with the AVP/GM and the Lender Solutions leadership in order to drive new opportunities for protecting the Lender Solutions business or helping to drive new revenue
- The Sr. Director will engage directly with our Lender Customers and CMS Teams in order to identify current needs and assess a potential solution as well as identify new opportunities to further the Lender relationship with Cox Automotive
- Assist and provide support in contract negotiations and pricing discussions on vendor partner relationships
- Develop and support systematic continuous improvement plans for all aspects of product and production effectiveness and quality
- Lead the Operations teams to achieve efficient and continually improved performance with respect to quality, delivery, customer satisfaction and cost
- Maintain constant visibility of product reliability and customer experience issues, responding with responsible and thorough corrective and preventive actions
- Utilize standardized LEAN tools for Continuous Improvement
- Constantly strive to improve all aspects of operations at every level
- Promote and maintain an active cross training and skills depth chart development plan to ensure capability and flexibility necessary to meet sales and seasonal requirements
- Monitor performance, and communicate clearly and frequently utilizing standard Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and messaging
- Communicate and listen to teams; constantly seeking ways to make the teams more effective and improve morale.
- Cascade all metrics and improvement action plans through appropriate levels within the organization
- Partner with R&D to constantly evaluate next generation processing and manufacturing methods to upgrade capacity and capability
- Effectively manage, develop, and motivate direct and indirect reports. Monitor workloads; provide or arrange for back-up/additional resources as needed
- Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere; ensure personal and professional development of direct reports
- Set and measure achievement of comprehensive qualitative and quantitative goals for operations team performance and growth, including the effectiveness and efficiency of operation processes both internally and externally including service quality and delivery
- Set, measure, and improve policies and activities to promote company culture and vision, hire, succession plan, train and cross-train staff to ensure a highly-effective operations talent pool and otherwise motivate maximum team performance and dedication to achieve goals
- Manages customer relationships proactively to deliver overall customer satisfaction
- Engage necessary Operations, Solutions, Risk and Finance Teams to ensure commercial arrangements are financially and operationally sound
- Monitor service levels to ensure that performance statistics meet customer and contractual requirements
Required Skills for Success:
- Must be able to clearly understand the business needs of Collateral Management Services
- Must be able to clearly articulate an understanding of the issues and be able to present solutions
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple business lines and matrixed organizations in order to help drive results
- Must be able to drive to execution agreed upon strategies
- Must be able to present and articulate solutions and strategies to Lenders, Vendor partners, and Teams
- Must be able to assess, coach and develop the operations management, staff, and organization to ensure continuity of our business needs
- Managing Change: Facilitates the implementation and acceptance of organizational change; addresses resistance to change and helps individuals adapt to change; encourages and rewards others to identify opportunities to do things differently; eases change through effectively simplifying complex, contradictory situations
- A commitment to continuous improvement in an ever-changing industry
- Strategic Agility: Clearly understands and articulates the business strategy; continuously ensures team and individual goals are aligned to broader strategic objectives, particularly when there is a change in direction; anticipates future consequences and trends, accurately including their potential impact; maintains broad business knowledge and perspective; creates new, competitive strategies aligned to the broader business strategy
RequiredKnowledge and Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Management Experience: 15+ yrs
- Prefer background with management experience in Service, Production, and/or Manufacturing
- Proven ability to make sound decisions to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, analyze complex problems and suggest Appropriate solutions, exhibiting good decision quality and strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, business insight, and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range strategies and goals, driving appropriate results.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively as well as identify areas for process improvement
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects with aggressive timelines
- Ability to schedule and prioritize tasks of team to promote the efficient use of time and monitor progress against schedule.
- Proven ability to lead and mange teams in a Service operations environment, while ensuring accountability.
- Ability to negotiate lender and/or vendor contracts
- Proficient with Windows, MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Proven success as a head of operations or other relevant role
- Proven experience evaluating, developing and managing teams that focus on performance and execution
Job Number 1715390