The Care Management Training Lead will support the VP, Clinical Operations to develop and maintain excellence in all aspects of care coordination with a focus on the development and implementation care management education and training.
The Care Management Training Lead, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations and supporting the Market Executive Director, is responsible for the professional educational development of the care management team. This role requires that the Care Management Training Lead:
- Perform at the direction of the VP, Clinical Operations and/or Market Executive Director all care management education and training including but not limited to assessing educational needs, developing materials and presenting training to fulfill applicable regulatory and contractual standards and guidelines for care management staff (including requirements specific to any delegated arrangements or Model(s) of Care).
- Provide expert clinical, technical, and information systems knowledge (TruCare, Patient 3D, etc.) to the care management team including both licensed and unlicensed staff
- Design, deliver, evaluate and track compliance with education programs and training
- Ability to develop training in a multitude of formats to accommodate different learning styles, levels of experience and group vs. individual learning environments,
- Actively participate in departmental and cross functional activities to understand the roles within the care management organization in order to improve training methods and achieve company goals.
- Escalate any concerns including, but not limited to, patient safety, clinical care risks, documentation, or compliance with regulatory requirements, to Executive Director, Michigan Market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate training plans/ needs analysis with market and corporate leadership
- Present as a positive role model in promoting clinical care coordination excellence
- Assist with administration of the learning management system (ConcertoU) and provide technical support to associates. Includes uploading training courses, creating curriculum, assignment and oversight of training, and new user set up
- Attend onsite visits and/ or meetings as needed or requested to assess current knowledge base and provide retraining
- Contribute to the development of guidelines, policies, and competencies
- Effectively educate and guide associates on clinical information systems/ applications workflow processes and procedures to promote proper utilization of clinical applications
- Deliver/ present individual or group training on care coordination practices and clinical information systems/ applications in person or remotely via web conferencing or the learning management system
- Create and maintain processes and procedures, systems workflows, training agendas and other supporting content using products such as Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as screen capture tools
- Design education and training materials for the learning management system
- Develop/ update new training content following policy and/ or procedure enhancements or clinical information systems/ applications upgrades as needed.
- Interpret data gained though quality assurance process (i.e. training course evaluations) and making appropriate changes to maintain effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain “super user” status for relevant care management team internal systems such as TruCare and Patient3D
- Other duties as assigned
- RN required, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- 5 years’ experience as a practicing health plan care manager
- 3 years clinical training experience, including experience with clinical information systems/ EHR preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and work well with others on a team
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of contemporary healthcare with strong focus on clinical practice and clinical information systems/ applications
- Proficiency in creating formal training materials and course documentation, including electronic learning development
- Strong presentation skills and good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Computer literate – proficiency in operating personal laptop, projector, learning management system, and other trainer tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience training in medical facilities, exposure to medical office procedures is a plus
- Proficiency in clinical information systems (i.e. electronic health records)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Possess a professional demeanor and appearance
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Req No. 2017-1977