Director of Business Development
AustinBusiness DevelopmentFull-timeAs one of the fastest growing companies in the US, projekt202 is leading the world in experience-driven application development. We have spent over a decade refining our methodology that combines deep user insight with collaborative design and development to create meaningful user experiences and innovative software for the world’s greatest brands. Our work is being recognized by many including Gartner who stated “The perspective and processes projekt202 is focusing on and perfecting will, over time, become standard operating procedure for any application development project.”
Our team is passionate about user centric design and development. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our client’s business challenges. We also have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other.
The Director of Business Development is the owner of customer relationships at projekt202. They are passionate ambassadors for projekt202’s mission and are able to articulate that projekt202 understands the software development game has changed and therefore is best choice to help client’s solve business problems.
The Director of Business Development (DBD) will directly source, close, and manage business opportunities that support projekt202’s service offerings. The DBD will create a targeted account list with a local/regional focus and is the owner of the customer relationship and projekt202sales process. The DBD isresponsible for running a minimum of a $3m revenue business. They will work with Practice Leads (UserExperience,Information Technology, andDigital Marketing) to assist with presentations, proposal development and estimating to move opportunities through thesalespipeline and closure.
- Work with the Office Sales Leadership to create a sales plan which includes a regional strategy, is tied to a Targeted Account List, and includes how to cultivate the growth of existing accounts
- Create a pipeline of opportunities with a total value of three times sales quota within the Named Account List
- Capture weekly sales activities in CRM system
- Participate in weekly sales meetings
- Support the Office Sales Leadership with evolving best-in-class business development tools and processes, including establishing prospect qualification terms, sales documents, proposal review protocol, etc.
- Collaborate with the Office Sales Leadership to develop the proper pursuit team for each opportunity
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, offerings, and client presence
- Work with the General Manager and Practice Leads on billing rates and pricing structure for each opportunity
- Successfully negotiate Statement of Work (SOW) terms and conditions with prospects and clients
- Document all client feedback and decisions during sales and account development activities
- Account Management
- Maintain customer relationships through meetings, networking, consultative sessions, and bringing other projekt202 team members, either local or corporate, into the process
- Identifies decision makers and key buying points
- Spot trends/identifies opportunities within an account
- Understand the proposed strategy and is able to suggest tactical changes as per the changing business environment or client requirements
- Engage in client conversations to understand client needs and inform/educate about projekt202 capabilities
- Work effectively with Operations and Program Management to ensure forecast accuracy and maintenance
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain key client relationships by having regular contact with all assigned accounts, gaining trust and having hard conversations
- Act as one of the key interfaces with the client when dealing with escalated issues
- Communicate and disseminate client requests to team and manage client expectations
- Escalate any problems that arise
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with all assigned accounts
- Share your excitement when your clients succeed and help them find success when they struggle
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Hunter mentality with a strong focus on new business development
- 5+ years of Solution Salesexperience in Technology Consulting, Design Research, User Experience, Enterprise Technology, and/or Digital Marketing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors, and the projekt202 team
- Customer-centric, relationship-driven
- Highly collaborative, self-starter
- Creative / Digital agency experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous consulting experience is preferred