Vice President of Sales
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Packaging
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this newly created position, the VP of Sales – America & Canada with (6) direct reports, will lead and direct sales operations and be fully accountable for sales leadership, field sales activities, account management, and customer service administration for all products manufactured and sold on behalf of the company in America and Canada.
The VP of Sales will have total responsibility for the overall sales process within this territory including key account management.
This responsibility is defined as pre-sales prospect development through post-sales service and support of the Team, the strategy and the execution of the plan for success.
The initial scope of the opportunity will be focusing on Sales Team development to insure that a forward-thinking, energetic and collaborative sales culture is in place. The incumbent will have the commitment, as well as the drive, energy and executive leadership skills to meet and exceed revenue targets. To succeed in this role, the incumbent will propose and implement new ways the company can expand business and grow its market share in the territory.
• Aligns the American and Canadian sales organization with the company’s vision, mission statement and core values.
• Sets sales and marketing strategy for the region and is responsible for the development of business plans, account plans, communication plans, revenue forecasts and the analysis to support targeted growth in revenue and market share.
• Mentors and manages the sales team and ensures all KPI's are met.
• Works directly with the sales team to close business and maximize sales results.
• Motivates team members and deals with underperformance issues in a timely manner.
• Ensures all team members are fully trained and technically competent to market and sell the company’s products.
• Articulates clear and effective product positioning statements and value propositions.
• Develops and implements sales objectives and goals across all target markets, including assigning individual sales goals and establishing related budgets.
• Ensures effective use of all the companies “systems” from CRM to Proposal management software and other related sales tools.
• Takes the lead on and attends trade shows and meetings, as required.
• Acts as the companies Ambassador to the Team, our customers, partners and other stakeholders in the Territory.
• Experience in the packaging industry, preferably selling to chemical manufacturers and distributors. May also consider a candidate who has a strong background in food service, healthcare or industrial packaging and dispensing or manufacturing that comes from a multisite, multi cultural/distributed workforce
• 15years progressive Business Development background
• Possess a strong background in Finance, Logistics and Operations
• Track record of leading Teams through change
• M&A experience
• Deep understanding with cultural, regulatory and compliance issues facing U.S. manufacturers selling outside of the USA
• Excellent market research skills, with the ability to assess and understand the competitive landscape and communicate proactive strategies to remain competitive
• Team builder, forward thinker, strategic, meshes well with team, organizer, driver, energetic, no ego and hidden agendas, MBWA (manages by walking around), develops staff, sales disruptor
• Leadership skills, business acumen, excellent manager of people, strong communication skills both internally and externally
• High growth orientation; proven experience as a team builder; a passion for delivering high quality service; deep interest in building strong relationships; a collaborative, decisive and flexible decisionmaking style; and proven ability to lead organizational change
• Highly skilled professional with an unwavering commitment to honesty, integrity and the pursuit of excellence
• Hard-working and enthusiastic, capable of energizing a team through leadership by example
• Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global market perspective
• Ability to open doors, easily build trust and mutual respect, and form enduring customer relationships at all levels of an organization
• Must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences
• Willing to travel as required
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Engineering. An advanced degree is highly preferred. The company is willing to accept a proven track record in an equivalent position as a substitute for qualifications, backed up by references of success.