Job Description and Responsibilities
This position envisions product development and manages projects through completion; analyzes, designs and develops software enhancements and new modules; manages development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction. This position will ensure that resources are appropriately focused on supporting the business unit, oversee the development of business cases for project work and make recommendation for improvements in the business unit's use of technology as appropriate.
Under general supervision is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives. Provide support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Collaborate with business partners to build out business visions centering around automated tools for clients.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas/concepts to a diverse audience of business, management and technical team members.
- Manage and direct software developers. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for application department and individual staff members. Train staff as needed.
- Accountable for optimization-focused design to ensure that all code is written with high-availability and high-impact; Accountable for efficiency-focused design that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
- Create and design databases, views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions of varying complexity with a “best practices” approach to keys, indices and relationships in SQL Server or Sharepoint. Experience using typed-datasets is critical.
- Assist with management of Windows Server, IIS, Sharepoint and SQL Server.
- Assist in continual improvement of software configuration management process.
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures; Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies.
- Detail unit testing of code.
- Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed.
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree with 5 years experience in programming business applications, or equivalent experience. 3-5 years experience in managing projects/team members.
The Application Developer Manager is NOT required to have experience in ALL of these disciplines (the more the better). A background in Sharepoint and SQL Server is a must.
Possess the ability to gather and analyze information and make decisions from a limited number of choices as demonstrated by a minimum score of 26 on the Wonderlic Personnel Test. Agreement to complete all post-hire required training.