North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Revenue Accounting Manager
The Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible for the management and integrity of the revenue process and related financial reporting.
The Revenue Accounting Manager shall perform the following essential duties:
- Design and implement meaningful revenue and gross margin reporting.
- Ensure that project revenue and costs are properly recorded according to US GAAP and that the percent complete on fixed fee projects is accurate.
- Analyze and validatefinancial information at the business segment account levels to facilitate front-end quality assurance before Finance department analyzes the information.
- Ensure that client contracts are adequately audited.
- Audit and approve changes to billing rates on invoices to ensure the appropriateness of such rate changes in accordance with the contract and subsequent developments.
- Partner with operations to ensure changes in projects are properly reflected in the system.
- Continuously seek to improve and refine revenue accounting processes, policies, and controls.
- Conduct necessary research and lead implementation efforts associated with the upcoming revenue recognition guidance, including assessment of how the guidance will affect our financial and operational reporting.
- Draft memos to communicate proper GAAP treatment for significant transactions.
- Assist with the execution of the year-end financial and other ad hoc audits.
- Collaborate with IT to leverage system capabilities, continuously improve processes, and ensure data quality.
- Other tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA
- 6+ years of public accounting, preferably auditing, or related industry experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Expert with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)