The District Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relations within the district with key OEM’s, panel builders and system integrators. Manager is responsible to drive a team of direct and indirect sales representatives to meet sales goals for the district.
* Primary sales owner of the ABB Low Voltage Go-To-Market strategy. Ownership with internal sales teams, external customers and channel partners. Must frequently articulate the strategy and align sales actions and results accordingly.
* Build effective one-year business plans, localize segment strategies for key vertical markets, and establish compelling long-term vision for customer platform development, sales growth and profitability.
* Recruits, selects and deploys sales team within assigned geography according to allocation from Region Vice-President. Includes direct sales force and third party agents plus required specification and product specialists assigned to the district.
* Orchestrate and deploy account managers, product application specialists, product specification specialists and key account resources to effectively implement approved strategies, resulting in increased market share and profitability.
* Has ownership of training and professional development for all assigned sales personnel in the district, and leads performance review process for same.
* Coordinates collaboration between sales, marketing, and product management in the district, including specification and product specialists who may also work across the region.
* Responsible for the district’s fiscal budget including achievement of revenue targets. Manages budget for cost of selling including salary, commission, and related expenses for sales personnel in assigned district.
* Coordinate efforts of entire team associated with key projects on converting the obtained project specifications into sales.
* Develop leadership talent for the ABB group by executing effective performance management and strategic management development processes.
* Regularly makes sales/customer calls with agents and sales reps.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related area
• 10+ years sales experience in electrical business to business selling assignments (of which at least 3 years should include working with OEM’s, panel builders and system integrators)
• 3+ years managing sales teams or related management experience
• BS engineering
• Direct sales experience in the electrical industry
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in the use of CRM systems
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others toward a common set of goals and objectives
• Demonstrated strong verbal/written and presentation skills
• Demonstrated strong selling, negotiation and persuasive skills